Master's Degree in Landscape Intervention and Heritage Management
IntroductionThe master degree on ‘Landscape Intervention and Heritage Management’ proposes the formation of experts able to develop landscape planning projects specifically considering their involment on multidisciplinary teams when designing intervention and management proposals.The formation of experts on this specific expertise field clearly constitutes a social and professional need specifically recognised by the Council of Europe when promoting the European Landscape Convention in 2000. During the last 15 years, landscape policies and strategies have become a main recognised goal for public administrations and decision-makers when conceiving urban and territorial planning on the basis of creativity and innovation.
The master degree on ‘Landscape Intervention and Heritage Management’ proposes a multi-professional approach to the main challenges that landscape planning and management has defined at the present moment on the basis of the recognision of the different dimensions –social, cultural, economic, environmental– defining European landscapes at the present moment.
The Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona is one of the foundational members of the UNISCAPE Network (The European Network of Universities for the Implementation of the European Landscape Convention). The master degree on Landscape Intervention and Heritage Management constitutes the academic platform for the UAB participation on the UNISCAPE Network and its involvement in international formation and research projects developed on the basis of the cooperation between different universities.
A summary document is presented with a summary of different international workshops organised from the academic structure of the Master on Landscape Intervention and Heritage Management and characterised by the participation of different European universities of the UNISCAPE Network. Some of these international research workshops have been awarded with important prizes at the Spanish nationalscale as the IDEA program by Cosmocaixa.
The master programme has been offered with no interruption since 2000 and after this long period of 15 years is now proposed to be offered in a renovated international version specifically addressed to both national and international students.
Objectives- Apply knowledge of landscaping criteria when assessing different alternatives for urban or rural projects and land-use planning proposals.
- Use key concepts like landscape infrastructure or digital heritage when defining and designing strategies, initiatives, projects and interventions for the landscape and heritage.
- Know today's principal challenges facing landscape planning, such as climate change, global tourism and the progressive digitalisation of society and the economy.
- Apply the main regulations and instruments pertaining to land-use planning, environmental planning and urban planning in Europe when defining landscaping projects.
- Apply different tools for performing analyses and diagnoses, making proposals and conducting projects when designing projects to intervene in and manage the heritage and the landscape.
The master program is open to any student with a superior basic formation (minimum 180 ECTS) in any specific field of knowledge dealing with landscape and heritage in a wide sense. Thus, students with a technical, environmental, social humanities or scientific background are wellcome. Technicians and practitioners both working at the private and the public sector are also able to attend the programme.
When proposing the final master project, veryfing the succesful attendance of the whole formative cicle of the programme would be a requirement.
When finishing the formative cicle defined by the programme, the students would be able of professionally participate in different expertise and professional fields:
- Private professional offices working on: architecture, urbanism, landscape architecture or engineering and infraestructures design.
- Private professional consultancy offices devoted to the assessment regarding envirionmental and landscape management or the analysis, proposal and evaluation of territorial and environmental projects.
- Different areas of the public administration or any public institution related with the design of policies regarding the urban and territorial planning.
- ONG or any type of civil organisation leading or participating in projects related to landscape and heritage intervention and management.
Montserrat Izquierdo Gonzalez
UAB-specific Master's Degree
Location: Museu d'Història de Barcelona MUHBA, C/ Baixada de la Llibreteria, Barcelona
Dates: from 18/10/2018 to 18/12/2019
Departamento de Geografía
Master in Landscape Intervention and Heritage Management
Contact the programme manager *Required fields
You will receive a copy of your query by e-mail immediately.