- UAB Master's Degree (Continuing Education)
- Code: 3339/10
- 10th edition
- Modality: Onsite
- Credits: 60 ECTS
- Start date: 03/10/2023
- Finish date: 01/06/2024
- Places: 30
- Orientation: Academic, Research, Professional
- Price: 4200 €
- Teaching language: Spanish (75%), Catalan (25%)
- Location: Pati Maning, Carrer Montalegre, 7, Barcelona. 08001.
If you are a journalist or work in other areas of communication, in this master's degree you can work on communication with a gender perspective. The master's degree in Gender and Communication is a transformational tool for building a non discriminatory society through social diversity and respect for human rights.
We offer critical, high-quality training on the social factors that affect gender identities and the communication system, to help remove sexism from the Media. The programme is divided into eight modules of theoretical and practical subjects that range from basic tools for reporting with a gender perspective to the new communication formats and the latest techniques in non-androcentric reporting and communication.
You can also take the graduate diploma in Gender and Communication, which consists of five modules, and then join the master's degree programme, completing the remaining modules and writing the final dissertation (TFM), or you can take the free-standing modules.
The master's degree in Gender and Communication, the only one in this specialty in Spain, is led by the Department of Media, Communication and Culture of the Faculty of Communication of the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona.
Career opportunities- Professional journalism or advertising with specialised training in gender and communication.
- Carrying out studies or research for institutions and entities into communication in the contemporary world.
- Create advertising campaigns from a gender perspective for entities or institutions related to communication.
- Advise companies and institutions related to the world of communication in implementing equality plans, in accordance with the Spanish law of 2007.
- Develop the role of spectator/reader defendor in written or audiovisual media.
- Develop professional projects within the field of communication from a gender perspective: magazines and journals, television or radio programmes, editorial proposals, etc.
- Develop professional projects or media content from a gender perspective: digital platforms,
Of the Postgraduate Diploma:
-Practice journalism or advertising with specialized training in gender and communication.
-Develop professional projects in the field of communication from a gender perspective: magazines, television or radio programs, editorial proposals, etc.
-To work as a Community Manager for companies with specialized training in gender.
-Advise companies and institutions on how to introduce the gender perspective in all products and at all levels related to communication.
I've been able to adopt a feminist approach both in both my work and my life. This is a revolutionary experience, personally and professionally.
For now, internships will be optional; the intention, however, is to consolidate them and end up being optional or mandatory depending on the availability of places and the agreements that may be signed with entities or institutions, for future editions.
Scholarships and financial aid
Chek all the information on the possibilities for grants and scholarships in the page for UAB financial aids, grants and calls.
Departamento de Medios, Comunicación y Cultura
ENG/Diputació de Barcelona
Isabel Muntané Rodríguez