UAB's Virtual Fair for Master's Degrees and Graduate Courses
Information sessions will be offered online from 22 to 26 February: clear up any doubts you may have directly with the coordinators of the master's degree or graduate programme. Registration is open!
- UAB-specific Master's Degree
- Code: 3080/9
- 9th edition
- Modality: Onsite
- Credits: 70 ECTS
- Start date: 08/04/2021
- Finish date: 05/11/2022
- Places: 35
- Orientation: Professional
- Price: 5180 Ą
Special price 4921 Ą
Group of application:
Special price 4662 Ą
Group of application:
- Teaching language: Spanish (90%), English (10%)
- Location: Casa de ConvalencŔncia, Barcelona/Universitat Aut˛noma de Barcelona
The master's degree in European Handwriting Analysis, Graphistics, Graphopathology and Forensic Graphology is composed of two graduate diplomas that can be taken separately:
- Graduate Diploma in Forensic Handwriting Analysis: methodological training in handwriting analysis techniques for reporting on personality, commissioned privately or by the courts.
- Graduate Diploma in Forensic Handwriting Analysis, Graphistics, Document Examination and Forensic Sociolinguistics: to produce professionals in the analysis of writings and documents who can act in a judicial capacity at the service of the courts, and as legitimate parties, using the latest techniques in identification and investigation.
The master's degree can be obtained by passing both graduate diplomas and completing the master's degree dissertation, and it leads to professional recognition by the associations linked via official agreement to the Institute of Graphistic Sciences and the Institutional Council of Teachers and Directors in Forensic Science Laboratories.
The master's degree is eminently practical and students carry out the following activities:
- Sessions in various forensic laboratories.
- Analysis of registers and cases.
- Preparation of experts' reports.
Career opportunitiesHandwriting analyst or forensic handwriting analyst working with the public administration, law firms, individual clients and the courts.
Forensic handwriting analyst on courts' duty rotas and lists of designated experts.
Preparation of pre-trial or extra-judicial expert reports or certificates, collaboration with professional associations, sports clubs or other organisations in the identification of postal votes.
Collaboration with law firms.
Students who pass the Master's degree will be recognised by the professional associations that have agreements in place with the Institute of Graphic Sciences (ICG) and the Institutional Council of Forensic Science Teachers and Laboratory Directors, which gives them all the advantages provided by these organisations to students on programmes proposed by the ICG (courts' duty rota, jobs bank, discounts, etc.).
The UAB Master's degrees and postgraduate courses can include external academic placements in companiesto give students a level of professional experience that will facilitate their entry into the labour market or promotion. For more information please contact the course coodinator.
Scholarships and financial aid
At the UAB grants' website you will find information on financial aids, grants, competitions, prizes and subsidies for the university community.
Chek all the information in the page for UAB financial aids, grants and calls.
Escuela de Prevenciˇn y Seguridad Integral
Institut de CiŔncies del Grafisme
Formaciˇ Continuada FUAB