UAB's virtual fair for Master's Degrees, Graduate Courses and PhDs
Information sessions will be held online from 4 to 8 of October: clear up any doubts you may have directly with the coordinators of your next Master's Degree, Graduate Course or PhD Programme. Registration is open!
- UAB-specific Master's Degree
- Code: 1648/19
- 19th edition
- Modality: Onsite
- Credits: 70 ECTS
- Start date: 13/10/2021
- Finish date: 16/09/2022
- Places: 30
- Orientation: Professional
- Price: 6000 €
Special price 5400 €
Group of application:
- Teaching language: Spanish
- Location: Facultat de Psicologia, Campus UAB, Bellaterra (Barcelona)
The course leads to a graduate diploma that is governed academically by this university, and its holders must go on into legal practice. Therefore, this programme includes both the university-level academic training given by university lecturers and the connection to the professional world through the training provided by professional law practitioners.
This master's degree is made up of two thematic blocks that are taken independently. Having passed both blocks, students can register their master's dissertation and obtain the master's degree.
Career opportunities- Psychological assessment: expert reports for civil, ecclesiastic, family and labour cases on request from lawyers or judges.
- Consulting for professionals (mostly lawyers) or individuals in civil, ecclesiastic, family and labour cases.
- Mediation in civil, ecclesiastic, family and labour cases.
- Participation in research focused on issues of court practice.
- Collaboration with law enforcement in criminal investigation.
The aim of the master's degree placement is for students to make contact with the professional world and learn how to produce expert psychological reports. Placements are scheduled within each thematic block and are subdivided into the following.
- Work placement 1. Document research, practical problem solving, report-writing and mock trials are carried out at the Faculty of Psychology in order for students to gain experience in professional practice in these areas.
- Work placement 2. These take place at external centres and the work done there is considered to be curricular. Students are supervised by a tutor and their functions are to collaborate in the cases arising during their stay, whether by conducting tests, writing reports, attending trials or taking part in interviews and/or case discussion sessions. Placements are available at different centres and the choice is made by the students (Institute of Legal Medicine of Catalonia, ACAIS, Clínica Medico Forense de Palma, Clínica Médico Forense de Múrcia, AF Psicólogos València, Centre Asesor de Psicologia de Sevilla), with the purpose of experiencing the real workings of these centres.
Scholarships and financial aid
Chek all the information on the possibilities for grants and scholarships in the page for UAB financial aids, grants and calls.
Departamento de Psicología Básica, Evolutiva y de la Educación
Elena Garrido Gaitan