- UAB-specific Master's Degree
- Code: 3166/7
- 1st edition
- Modality: Onsite
- Credits: 120 ECTS
- Start date: 30/10/2019
- Finish date: 30/06/2022
- Places: 15
- Orientation: Professional
- Price: 8900 €
Special price 8010 €
Group of application:
- Teaching language: Spanish (97%), English (3%)
- Location: Facultad de Psicologia Universidad del Pais Vasco Tolosa Hiribidea, 70, 20018 Donostia
- The approach is fundamentally clinical, offering the necessary but also based on the acquisition of clinical experience through work placements in specific centres. Because of the need to acquire the essential practical clinical training students are offered the possibility of extending the hours of clinical practice during the final year with an additional course which allows them to complete the course with 2800 of tutored work placement.
- The working methodology permits a kind of training in which common tasks, case discussions, bibliographical sessions and subject specific sessions allow for dynamic and participative learning.
- The Master's degree in Neuropsychology aims to help create working and research groups through research credits and collaboration with hospital centres which offer samples of patients which are necessary for research in clinical neuropsychology.
Career opportunitiesThe work of the psychologist trained in clinical neuropsychology covers different professional areas among which are work with neurological patients and patients who have undergone treatment for brain pathologies, patients with dementia, paediatric patients with side effects to malfunction or injury of the CNS, patients or patients with traumatic brain injury. The profession therefore includes both work in the diagnosis of cognitive pathologies and the design and application of stimulation and rehabilitation programmes.
The placement programme is the main asset of this master's degree's, given that the aim is to produce professional neuropsychologists who are fully equipped to join the labour market.
Students undertake their placements in hospitals and healthcare centres, with individual tutoring from professional neuropsychologists. Placements are a course requirement and are full-time.
Placements are undertaken at the following centres.
- Matia Fundazioa
- Hospital de Donostia
- Asociación de Traumatismos Craneoencefálicos de España (ATECE Vizcaya)
- Asociación de Traumatismos Craneoencefálicos de España (ATECE Guipúzcoa)
- Asociación de Esclerosis Múltiple de Guipúzcoa (ADEMGI)
- Residencia / Centro de día EHARI
- Asociación de Daño Cerebral de Navarra (ADACEN)
- Asociación de Parkinson de Guipúzcoa (ASPARGUI)
- Centro Arrigunaga
- Hospital Aita Meni (neurorehabilitación)
Scholarships and financial aid
Chek all the information on the possibilities for grants and scholarships in the page for UAB financial aids, grants and calls.
Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona
Universidad del País Vasco
Departamento de Psicología Clínica y de la Salud
Sol Fernández Gonzalo