- UAB-specific Master's Degree
- Code: 2826/10
- 10th edition
- Modality: Onsite
- Credits: 60 ECTS
- Start date: 01/02/2021
- Finish date: 25/01/2022
- Places: 20
- Orientation: Professional
- Price: 3960 €
Special price 3564 €
Group of application:
- Teaching language: English (50%), Spanish (50%)
- Location: Facultat de Dret, Campus UAB, Bellaterra (Barcelona)
The master is highly interdisciplinary and seeks to provide integrated training in the knowledge of animals in the fields of law, ethology, nutrition and welfare, ethical dimensions, artistic representations and entertainment, organisation and social responsibility.
The master is heavily focused on practical sessions, since it aims to train professionals in handling the new challenges posed by society and its relation with animals. The programme is addressed to those interested in developing a profession related to animals, providing them with the necessary theoretical and practical skills demanded by a society in constant communication and increasingly aware of the role a humane treatment to animals represents for sustainable development and for a peaceful coexistence.
We have opened the possibility of studying the first two modules that comprise the Master's program, offered as a single course of specialization in Animal Law and Society, and that leads to a Certificate of advantage.
Career opportunities- Experts in international, governmental, national and local agencies, private companies and industries, education centres and the media.
- Specialisation in animal law as a judge, lawyer, or other legal operator in different branches of application.
- Consultant to companies and local, regional or national organisations, veterinary centres, education centres, animal shelters, protection organisations, security forces.
- Preparing the tools necessary to give support to individual projects aimed at improving animal welfare.
- Positions in local, regional and national administration bodies.
- Expert consultant in zoos and experimentation, production, entertainment and communication centres.
- Implementation of expert, quality projects which can assume the new requirements derived from greater knowledge of the legal status of animals and the social recognition of that status.
- Preparation for teaching animal law and society on academic and basic levels.
Obligatory tutored curricular work experience included in module 3, aim to offer real work experience in the organisations attached to this master's degree. The consist of learning in real situations in the workplace and undertaking the tasks of the organisation in which they are offered.
- Ajuntament de Barcelona. Oficina de Protecció dels Animals (Barcelona).
- Federation of Veterinarians of Europe (FVE). Bruxelles.
- Vier-Pfoten-Stiftung, European Büro (Bruxelles).
- Fondation 30 Millions dAmis (Paris).
- Animals Angels (Frankfurt).
- Compassion in World Farming (Surrey-UK).
- FAADA (Barcelona).
- IRTA (Monells-Girona).
- PETA (Berlin).
- ICALP, International Center for Animal Law and Policy (Barcelona).
- Juzgados de Sabadell (Sabadell).
- IRSEA (Apt-Francia).
- Michigan State University College of Law, Animal Legal Web Center.
Scholarships and financial aid
Chek all the information on the possibilities for grants and scholarships in the page for UAB financial aids, grants and calls.
Departamento de Derecho Público y Ciencias Histórico-Jurídicas
Margarita Barrera Asensio