UAB's Virtual Fair for Master's Degrees and Graduate Courses
Information sessions will be offered online from 22 to 26 February: clear up any doubts you may have directly with the coordinators of the master's degree or graduate programme. Registration is open!
- UAB-specific Master's Degree
- Code: 3340/7
- 6th edition
- Modality: Online
- Credits: 60 ECTS
- Start date: 01/02/2021
- Finish date: 10/11/2021
- Places: 40
- Orientation: Professional
- Price: 4020 ¤
Special price 3618 ¤
Group of application:
- Teaching language: English (50%), Spanish (50%)
This master's is markedly interdisciplinary in nature and aspires to provide a well-rounded education by combining animal-related subject areas within law, ethology, nutrition, welfare, ethics, art and entertainment, organisation and social responsibility.
It also has a strong practical bias, as the aim is to produce professionals who can tackle the new challenges facing society with regard to animals. These professionals are given the theoretical and practical tools that today's interconnected society expects as it becomes more and more aware of the importance of treating animals well for the sake of sustainable development and community life.
2014-2015 will be the fifth year of the classroom-based version of this master's degree. In addition, the Graduate Diploma in Animals, Law and Society was run in 2011-2012 and 2012-2013, and the Course on Animals, Law and Society has been running since 2013-2014, for 25 credits.
The main justification for the online master's degree is that it can meet the increasing demand from students from abroad who are unable to transfer to the UAB for a year.
Career opportunities- Expert in local, national or international government agencies, private companies, schools or the Media.
- Lawyer, judge or other legal practitioner specialising in a particular branch of animal law.
- Consultancy services for local and national authorities, veterinary centres, schools, refuges, animal welfare organisations, or the police.
- Designing tools to support a particular animal welfare project.
- Specialist working in local and national authorities.
- Manager appointed by the above.
- Specialist consultant in zoos, experimental facilities, industry, entertainment or communication.
- Provision of high-quality services and specialist expertise to meet the new needs that are arising as animals' legal status is better clarified and recognised by society.
- Training to teach animal law and society in higher education or in other areas.
Work experience is compulsory for the Master's degree course and included in module 5. It aims to allow students to gain practical experience. The consist of learning in real situations in the workplace and undertaking the tasks of the organisation in which they are offered.
The practicals are carried out by allocating practical cases via the online campus for student to search for solutions to them. These cases may be real, provided by the collaborating organisations, or simulated, created by the teaching team.
- Ajuntament de Barcelona. Oficina de Protecció dels Animals (Barcelona).
- Federation of Veterinarians of Europe (FVE). Bruxelles.
- Vier-Pfoten-Stiftung, European Büro (Bruxelles).
- Fondation 30 Millions d’Amis (Paris).
- Animals’ Angels (Frankfurt).
- Compassion in World Farming (Surrey-UK).
- FAADA (Barcelona).
- IRTA (Monells-Girona).
- PETA (Berlin).
- ICALP, International Center for Animal Law and Policy (Barcelona).
- Juzgados de Sabadell (Sabadell).
- IRSEA (Apt-Francia).
- Michigan State University College of Law, Animal Legal Web Center.
Scholarships and financial aid
Chek all the information in the page for UAB financial aids, grants and calls.
Departamento de Derecho Público y Ciencias Histórico-Jurídicas
Margarita Barrera Asensio