Graduate Diploma in Surgical Nursing (Escola Gimbernat)
IntroductionSurgery has evolved through the years incorporating technological advances and making it possible to perform less invasive or aggressive surgical procedures. Out-patient surgery, minimal invasive techniques and technological improvement have fostered undeniable evolution towards better surgical care and highlight the importance of surgical nursing in this process.
The surgical nurse must be prepared, know everything involved in the surgical process, be able to establish treatment plans while prioritizing and watching over the quality of treatment during the entire process.
It must be stressed that the surgical nurse's professional Excellency stems not only from demonstrating the necessary knowledge and skills, but also by incorporating attitudes and relation and communication skills essential to the profession.
Objectives- Analyse the general concepts associated with nursing care in a surgical area.
- Reflect on the general concepts underlying the role of surgical nursing.
- Analyse the integration of nursing care methodology in surgery.
- Integrate the essential elements of the communication process in the care of surgical patients.
- Reflect on the ethical and legal aspects of surgical nursing.
- Acquire general knowledge of the structure of the surgical area, surgical instrumentation and the different processes in surgery.
- Gain familiarity with the equipment and clothing specific to the surgical area.
- Integrate the general concepts of prevention and control of infection, and relate them to the specific context and the surgical area.
- Analyse the process of management of the surgical area.
- Identify the function of surgical nursing in the different surgical procedures.
- Analyse the role of surgical nursing during the process of anaesthesia.
- Acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to care for the patient during the process of anaesthesia and surgery.
- Apply the knowledge and skills acquired to practice in care situations.
Associate's degree in nursing
Surgical nursing in hospitals.
Pilar Fernández Narváez
UAB Graduate Diploma10% discount Alumni Premium
Special price: 2349¤
Group of application:
Location: E.U. de Fisioteràpia Gimbernat, Av. Generalitat s/n, Sant Cugat del Vallès (Barcelona)
Dates: from 01/11/2019 to 31/07/2020
Catalan (60%), Spanish (40%)
Escuela Universitaria de Enfermería y Fisioterapia Gimbernat
Fundació Hospital de Granollers
Hospital Mútua de Terrassa
Institut Universitari Fundació Parc Taulí, Sabadell
Contact the programme manager *Required fields
You will receive a copy of your query by e-mail immediately and we will also include a PDF with all the information about the programme.