Graduate Diploma in Security Services Management
IntroductionWhen managing and planning comprehensive security, within the field of public and private security, a need for professionalisation and career-structure approaches in this profession become increasingly evident.
The fact that only 9% of workers in this ambit are graduates or higher-education diploma holders, that only 46% have acquired the mandatory educational level and that only 45% have successfully completed upper secondary-school education makes evident the need to increase levels of education in the sector in order to attain suitable control of the tools necessary for management and decision-making in an increasingly demanding and service-oriented sector.
In the European environment, private security in Spain and the figure of Director of Security and Head of Security are a benchmarking model with Sweden and Belgium. We have a very strict and regulated framework, in which managers need to make highly important decisions in their business and professional environment.
This significance leads to a need to further understand the business and strategic environment in fuller depth in order to properly manage the objectives of security organizations, the Spanish model representing a benchmark in both Europe and the world generally, opening to professional performace in other countries.
This postgraduate course offers studies that build on the career plan for Directors of Security and Heads of Security so that they can become security managers capable of overseeing the goals aimed at by public and private security organisations, ensuring their specific performance and, more broadly, guaranteeing the safety of citizens.
- Graduates of higher-education diploma holders related to public and private security
- Members of administrations and organisations that are of specific relevance to the sector.
- Managers responsible for private-security or public-safety organisations.
- Other professionals in private security and public security (security officers)
- Security officers for public security organisations.
- Security officers for private security organisations.
- Specialists in citizen-security programmes.
- Specialists in civil protection.
- Specialists in emergencies.
- Specialists and sector heads in public administrations having specific relevance to the ambit (local, regional, central and private public).
- Specialists and sector heads in public and private companies concerned with the general aims of guaranteeing citizens' security.
UAB Graduate Diploma10% discount Alumni Premium
Special price: 1782¤
Group of application:
Location: Escola de Prevenció i Seguretat Integral, Campus UAB, Bellaterra (Barcelona)
Dates: from 10/01/2020 to 30/10/2020
Catalan (50%), Spanish (50%)
Escuela de Prevención y Seguridad Integral
Contact the programme manager *Required fields
You will receive a copy of your query by e-mail immediately and we will also include a PDF with all the information about the programme.