- UAB Graduate Diploma
- Code: 4001/4
- 4th edition
- Modality: Blended
- Credits: 30 ECTS
- Start date: 06/10/2022
- Finish date: 22/07/2023
- Places: 30
- Orientation: Professional
- Price: 2680 €
Special price 2412 €
Group of application:
Special price 2546 €
Group of application:
- Teaching language: Catalan
- Location: Online i Casa de Convaslescència ACRA- Asociación Catalana de Recursos Asistenciales; Calabria 236-240 (local 1) 08029 Barcelona
The person-centred care model seeks to improve the quality of life of persons needing social and health care by fostering personal autonomy, respecting the life project and humanising relations between professionals and care recipients and their families, taking account of their autonomy and decision-taking ability.
Person-centred care requires a change in culture and management practices on the part of professionals and institutions, with care centres having to adapt their procedures, systems and rules. This graduate diploma gives professionals a solid grounding in the elements that are key to carrying out this transformation of the management model.
- Develop a professional activity in keeping with the person-centred care model in care homes for the elderly and/or dependent persons.
- Train professionals to offer clearly-explained, personalised care that guarantees respect for dignity, autonomy and privacy.
- Tailor the fundamental principles of the person-centred care model to the context of care homes and centres in Catalonia.
UAB masters and graduate diplomas may include or facilitate external academic internships in companies or institutions in order to help the student to achieve a level of expertise that facilitates the insertion or promotion in the workplace...
These internships may be curricular (compulsory) or non-curricular (optional).
Curricular practices are those which are included in the curriculum of the studies and, therefore, must be overcome to obtain the degree. The programme manager will explain you the details of how, where and under what conditions you should do the internship.
Extracurricular practices are those that are not included in the curriculum of the studies. You can choose to do them in addition. The coordination of your program will explain the details of how, where and under what conditions can they be carried out.
Scholarships and financial aid
At the UAB grants' website you will find information on financial aids, grants, competitions, prizes and subsidies for the university community.
Chek all the information in the page for UAB financial aids, grants and calls.
Escuela Fundación Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona-Formación
Associació Catalana de Recursos Assistencials
Fundació Salut i Envelliment - UAB
Phone: 93 592 97 10