Graduate Diploma in Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL) (English)
IntroductionThis Postgraduate Diploma in Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL) pedagogy is aimed at primary and secondary teachers of any school subject who are committed to the territory and fully involved in the educational and linguistic projects in their schools. The program, which embraces the rationale of plurilingual education, seeks to help teachers develop a wide array of specific discursive resources and pedagogical tools to efficiently teach their subject in English to low English proficiency (LEP) students in the context of Catalan schools.
Participants are advised to have attained language skills at level C1 of the CEFR by the end of the course . The University language services (SdL UAB) offer examination sessions in June and February which allow candidates to certify their proficiency level.
Objectives- Train teachers in non-language-related curriculum areas to plan and teach their subjects in English, using the CLIL pedagogical approach.
- Train teachers in non-language-related curriculum areas to assess progress and achievement of learning objectives holistically.
- Train teachers of English to make their own contribution to improving learners' language and discourse skills, to help them face the double challenge involved in tackling CLIL subjects.
- Train teachers of English to support content teachers working in CLIL classrooms in planning their courses, from the perspective of language and in accordance with the pedagogical principles of CLIL.
- Equip teachers from the different curriculum areas with language- and discourse-related tools to help them use English to manage all their classroom activity: routines, order, explanations, conversation management, etc. and become good models of language use and of interaction strategies in their own contexts.
- Train teachers from the different curriculum areas to jointly implement a multilingualism project to help schoolchildren learn their own language (Catalan) and the other working languages at school, and to investigate language use within the children's families.
- Bachelor’s degree in primary or infant education and any university degree which provides access to the teaching profession.
- Communicative competence in English: official CEFR B2 (B2.2) level certificate or over.
- Should the applicant not be in possession of a valid B2 certificate she/he will be required to take a diagnostic test before enrolment can be fulfilled.
- Teachers in primary education, lower and upper secondary education and vocational studies specialized in CLIL teaching.
- Coordinators and counsellors working in CLIL programs in primary education, lower and upper secondary education and vocational studies.
- Evaluators of CLIL programs (principals, supervisors, administrators).
- Designers and evaluators of CLIL teaching materials (publishers).
Ana Corredera Capdevila
UAB Graduate Diploma10% discount Alumni Premium
Special price: 1824¤
Group of application:
Location: Facultat de Cičncies de l'Educació
Dates: from 01/10/2019 to 20/06/2020
Facultad de Ciencias de la Educación
Departamento de Didáctica de la Lengua y la Literatura, y de las Ciencias Sociales
Postgraduate Diploma Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL)
Contact the programme manager *Required fields
You will receive a copy of your query by e-mail immediately and we will also include a PDF with all the information about the programme.