- UAB Specialisation Course
- Code: 2267/18
- 18th edition
- Modality: Onsite
- Credits: 12 ECTS
- Start date: 01/10/2021
- Finish date: 15/12/2021
- Places: 46
- Orientation: Professional
- Price: 3200 €
- Teaching language: English
- Location: Facultat de Veterinària. Campus UAB, Bellaterra (Barcelona)
This module covers the most important aspects in relation to the reduction in the number of animals used in research, experimental design, literature searches and presentation of results. It also deals with refinement through the study of the main non-invasive and minimally invasive techniques and refinement in surgical techniques. The module also provides an overview of the strategy and processes required in research and drug development.
The content of this module also complies with the training requirements set out in Spanish Royal Decree RD53/2013 and European Directive EU63/2010 developed by the European Commission in respect of the following modules: Design of procedures and projects (level 1), Principles of surgery and information provision and retrieval.
- Experimental design
- Bibliographic Searches
- Systematic searches and ARRIVE
- Surgery principles contributing to refinement.
- Care pre, peri and post-operative.
- Product Management.
- Extraction and sampling.
- Special surgical techniques
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Non invasive techniques: NMR, PET, ecography and others.
Criteria for refinement in experimental procedures
- Research and development activity
- Safety Pharmacology: cardiovascular, respiratory and nervous.
- Clinical assays.
- Traslational Research
ItineraryThis course is included in the Master in Laboratory Animal Science and Welfare.
Scholarships and financial aid
Chek all the information on the possibilities for grants and scholarships in the page for UAB financial aids, grants and calls.
Facultad de Veterinaria
Departamento de Biologia Celular, Fisiología e Inmunología
Patrocinio Vergara Esteras