UAB's virtual fair for Master's Degrees, Graduate Courses and PhDs
Information sessions will be held online from 4 to 8 of October: clear up any doubts you may have directly with the coordinators of your next Master's Degree, Graduate Course or PhD Programme. Registration is open!
- UAB Specialisation Course
- Code: 4120/3
- 3rd edition
- Modality: Online
- Credits: 15 ECTS
- Start date: 07/03/2022
- Finish date: 01/07/2022
- Places: 50
- Orientation: Professional
- Price: 1425 €
- Teaching language: Spanish
- Location: Online
- Neurological examination and location of lesions.
- Most frequent surgical conditions of the spinal cord.
- Most frequent non-surgical conditions of the spinal cord: vascular accidents, degenerative diseases.
- Seizures and epilepsy.
- Cranioencephalic trauma.
- Lower motor neuron conditions.
- Various conditions with intracranial symptomatology.
- Protocol for complete ophthalmologic exploration. STT. Direct and indirect ophthalmoscopy. Tonometry. Vital stains.
- Diseases and orbital surgery. Prolapse of the eyeball. Exophthalmos. Retrobulbar abscess. Tumours. Diagnostic techniques. Treatment.
- Structural alterations of the eyelids; entropion, ectropion, distichiasis. Blepharitis. Wounds. Diagnosis and treatment.
- Qualitative and quantitative dry keratoconjunctivitis. Prolapse of the accessory tear gland. Plasmoma.
- Conjunctivitis in dogs and cats. Tumours. Conjunctival cytology. Diagnosis and treatment.
- Ulcerative keratites. Non-ulcerative keratites. Diagnosis. Medical and surgical treatment.
- Congenital uveal alterations. Uveitis: symptomatology, diagnosis and treatment.
- Classification of glaucoma. Clinical signs. Diagnosis. Medical and surgical treatment.
- Normal fundus. Retinitis. Chorioretinitis. Retinal detachment. Optic neuritis.
- Determination of the right moment for mounting/artificial insemination in dogs.
- Vaginal cytology, hormones, etc. (vaginal mucosa, vaginoscopy, endoscopy, ultrasound)
- Criteria to take into account at the time of mounting/artificial insemination
- Factors related to the male and the female. Factors in handling.
- Extraction of semen in dogs and cats. Artificial insemination.
- Clinical applications of aglepristone
- Differential diagnosis and treatment of vaginal bleeding
- Differential diagnosis and treatment of vaginal masses
- Addressing male infertility
- Addressing female infertility
- Reproductive pathology of the male
- Guidelines to follow in gestation, diagnosis, drug administration, food intake and preparation for parturition
- When is veterinary care needed in parturition? Addressing dystocia
- Risk factors: hypothermia, hypoglycaemia, dehydration
Scholarships and financial aid
Chek all the information on the possibilities for grants and scholarships in the page for UAB financial aids, grants and calls.
Departamento de Medicina y Cirugía Animal
ENG/Hospital Clínico Veterinario