- UAB Specialisation Course
- Code: 3806/7
- 7th edition
- Modality: Online
- Credits: 10.0 credits
- Start date: 18/10/2021
- Finish date: 18/12/2021
- Places: 35
- Orientation: Professional
- Price: 950 €
Special price 900 €
Group of application:
- Teaching language: Spanish
- Location: Online
Wine tourism is a form of cultural tourism based on the vineyard and wine culture. In recent years, the wine-tourism sector has undergone significant growth in Catalonia and in other areas in Spain, becoming a new source of employment and representing a major business opportunity, as is already the case in many wine regions throughout the world.
This emerging sector benefits wineries, restaurants, accommodation, wine bars, cultural facilities, wine tourism service companies, travel agencies and entire rural areas, among others. Few economic sectors are so fully transversal, with roots in the primary sector through agriculture, with important complementary industries in the secondary sector (bottling, capping, labelling ...), and representing great potential for growth in the tertiary sector through wine-tourism services.
Wine tourism is one of the major strategies for decongesting and de-seasonalising tourism, improving territorial balance and helping to opt for more sustainable and higher-quality tourism.
The specialisation enables you to:
- Develop yourself within the sector through a fuller knowledge of wine
- Carry out communication and marketing tasks in a wine-tourism department
- Develop the management and marketing aspects of a travel agency specialising in innovation within this sector
- Create wine tourism activities linked to the region
- Develop a Strategic Plan in Wine Tourism
The course develops a 4-Learning methodology, in which the student can organize their training according to their needs and schedule.
- Professionals in the tourism sector looking to enter Wine Tourism
- Professionals in the wine sector
- Amateurs or enthusiasts of the world of wine
Thanks to this course, I was able to change jobs and become aware of a distinct concept of wine and to other options for earning a living.
Scholarships and financial aid
At the UAB grants' website you will find information on financial aids, grants, competitions, prizes and subsidies for the university community.
Chek all the information in the page for UAB financial aids, grants and calls.
Escuela Universitaria de Turismo y Dirección Hotelera
Laura Lizbeth Martinez Almuina