Researchers from the CRM and the UAB have mathematically described the frequency of several dangerous phenomena according to their size with more precision than ever. Using new statistical tools, researchers have rigorously demonstrated how the frequency of most of them can be described with the same mathematical rule.
UAB researchers participate in the City and Science Biennial
From 7 to 11 February Barcelona will be celebrating the first edition of the City and Science Biennial, with over 90 science popularisation activities to bring science closer to society. The biennial includes the collaboration of some 120 entities, including the UAB, and almost 140 science professionals.
Conferences, workshops, hackathons, guided tours, artistic performances, sessions and debates will turn the city into a place of reflection, debate and participation with the objective of bringing scientific advances and challenges closer to society.
Several UAB researchers will be participating in the biennial in a variety of activities.
- Gathering of 100 Women Scientists. More information
- Three Dialogues and Six Views of the City, Science and Participation. More information
- Storing Energy. Much More Than Charging the Mobile. Més informació
- Science Academies Night. More information
- Robots and Humans. Robotics, Human Behaviour and Prosociality. More information
- Science Safari. More information
- Quantum Physics, Reality or Fiction? Més informació
- Knowledge, Commitment and Social Transformation. More information
- Hidden Figures. Season Phenomena: Science Fiction Films. More information
Full programme of the 1st City and Science Biennial