This programme offers the chance to participate in an Erasmus+ KA103 mobility to those athlete-students who want to combine their academic exchange with their elite sport's requirements, enhancing their dual careers. Currently the project is focused on field hockey as a pilot sport, but final results are expected to take into consideration all sports, mainly amateurs.
Who can be considered as High Dedication Athlete?
Those students who:
- Participate in tournaments and competitions at international level
- Represent the national team and play at international level.
- Compete and train at national leagues (or in a high level performance national competition)
- Dedicate an average mean of 15 hours or more per week to the corresponding sport
- Are considered as high-level athlete by national or international federations
The exchange procedure follows almost the same steps as a regular Erasmus+ KA103 mobility, however there are some specificities.
Procedure: There are special requeriments and steps to apply into this programme, click here to know them.
4 parts involved: The interinstitutional agreement not only include both home and host university but also the home club and a host university's nearby club.
Mandatory documentation: The major part of the regular exchange documents have been adapted to the STICK programme, there are new ones as well. Check them here.
Dual Career co-ordinators and coaches involved: Their roles are essential in all the procedure and during the exchange.
Schedule: Regular deadlines are subject to some changes, due the complexity of combining both academic and sports calendars. It is highly recommended to participate in a full year exchange, in order to accomplish with the club's needs (competitions).
Here you can visit the official website of the STICK Project