Official Master's Degree in Research in Education
Ideal student profileThis master's degree is of interest mainly to recent graduates in education studies, teachers in service, professionals in educational services, public administration specialists and professionals working in non-formal education. Candidates should be interested in research and practice in the following:
- driving innovation in educational practice through the role of supervisor, director, manager or advisor,
- designing ways to improve teacher training
- assessing (seen as a process of regulation) practice, innovation and the training that promotes these.
- shaping the social, cultural and political aspects of education, both in terms of institutions and of educational policies.
- Use acquired knowledge as a basis for originality in the application of ideas, often in a research context.
- Solve problems in new or little-known situations within broader (or multidisciplinary) contexts related to the field of study.
- Integrate knowledge and use it to make judgements in complex situations, with incomplete information, while keeping in mind social and ethical responsibilities.
- Communicate and justify conclusions clearly and unambiguously to both specialised and non-specialised audiences.
- Continue the learning process, to a large extent autonomously
- Recognise and relate the theoretical, empirical and social aspecys of the specific field of research.
- Plan research according to practice-related problems, taking into account theoretical advances in the field of knowledge.
- Collect research data coherently in accordance with the chosen method.
- Analyse data according to its nature and present results in accorance with the research proposals.
- Communicate the research results, knowledge acquired and the implications for practice, and adapt the register to the public and toformal protocols.
- Recognise the basic research principles in the field of education and inequality.
- Apply the perspectives and creative strategies in educational research for innovation in physics, artistic and psychomotor learning.
- Propose curricular innovation projects from the research results.
- Recognise and evaluate the potential and limitations of the instruments and strategies.
- Analyse the origin and development of social, geographical, and historical knowledge and look more closely at different teaching models for social science as a suport for innovation.
- Recognise the knowledge contributed by research in language and literature education as an essential tool for a fairer society which is more respectful of equality and opportunities.
- Recognise and relate the basic research priniples in practical work for improvement in scientific competence.
- Analyse projects for changes and improvement in organisations.
- Develop professional values including ethics in educational research, in particular with respect to diversity of opinion and ways of being and doing.
- Use ICT in the research process, information search and management, data analysis and the dissemination and communication of results.
- Work in teams and with teams in the same or interdisciplinary fields.
Contact us for more information, filling in this form: *Required fields
Once the form has been sent in you will get a confirmation e-mail