Higher Diploma in International Trade
This course is offered by the UAB Foundation on the UAB campus at Bellaterra and gives students quality training in both theory and practice and contact with a growing economic sector which values professionals trained in the international ambit with a mastery of foreign languages.
In order to respond to the current demands of Catalan industry and achieve language skills which will improve opportunities for employment the syllabus places particular emphasis on the knowledge of foreign languages:
- English and French are studied through activities reflecting real situations in the sector.
- To ensure that students can learn at their own pace language classes are carried out in groups according to level of knowledge.
- Some subjects are taught entirely in English in both the first and second year.
- On completing the course the ACLES-accredited language centre, UAB Idiomes, will certify the language level achieved by studentsin line with the equivalent levels of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) in English and French.
- To complete the professional profile as a qualified professional in International Trade a third language is introduced: business Chinese, focussing on cultural aspects, traditions, protocol, customs and the Chinese language with an emphasis on the role of China in global commercial relations today.
The Higher Vocational training qualification in International Trade offers students the opportunity to participate in Forma’t al Port, a project intended to introduce students to professions relate to logistics in a maritime and intermodal transport environment in Port de Barcelona.
Student profileThe professional training centre aims to train students to be multi-skilled, able to work in teams, and to be autonomous and have initiative. Typical applicants will have:
- An interest in learning foreign languages
- Capacity for communication and negotiation
- Capacity for planning and organisation
- Capacity to adapt, solve problems and manage change
- Analytical and critical thinking
- Capacity for objective-based tasks and initiative
- Capacity to use new technology
Career options- Purchasing department
- International sales department
- Purchasing manager
- Sales manager
- International commerce management and administration
- International marketing
- Foreign operations for finance and insurance companies
- International transport logistics
- International transport and logistics services sales
- Logistics operator or coordinator
Professional areaTraining is offered for working in private companies, public bodies and organisations and international consultants related to the industrial, commercial and agricultural sectors, logistics and transportation, finance and insurance, commercial companies for the import and export of goods, customs agencies etc.
EvaluationAssessment at the Professional Training Centre of the UAB Foundation is carried out through continual assessment of activities and exams. Special importance is placed on the practical training and the mastery of foreign languages.
TimetablesThe timetable is from Monday to Friday from 8am to 2.30pm. The work experience timetable depends on the requirements of the companies with which the agreements have been signed.
First year Timetable
Second year Timetable
Higher Diploma in International Trade
Fundaciˇ UAB, Edifici Blanc, Bellaterra
Duration: 2 years
First year: 4.695€
Second year: 3.650€
Forma’t al port plan: 260€
The tuition includes: Insurances, official accreditation in English and French, text books, programmed activities, coordination of work placement and free subscription to Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus, Forma’t al port plan (first year).
Reservation of place: 500€, to be discounted from registration fee
Contact us for more information filling in this form: *Required fields
Once the form has been sent in you will get a confirmation e-mail