Jornades Doctorals 2016
- Wednesday, 1 June 2016: Prof. Luis Liz-Marzán, Ikerbasque Research Professor and Scientific Director, CIC biomaGUNE. He is coauthor of more than 350 peer reviewed research papers and co-inventor of 7 patents. He has received several awards, including the medal of the Spanish Royal Society of Chemistry (2014) and Rey Jaime I Award on Basic Research (2015). Lecture: Molecular Thinking for Nanoplasmonics Design.
- Thursday, 2 June 2016: Prof. Luisa Torsi, Full professor of Analytical Chemistry, University of Bari "A. Moro". As inventor of a groundbreaking electronic circuit which can be printed on plastic or paper to become a biological sensor, she has won the European Woman Inventor of the Year 2015 award organized by the European Women Inventors & Innovators Network (EUWIIN). Lecture: Organic Bio-electronics for future ultra-high sensitive and low-cost sensing applications.
- Friday, 3 June 2016: Prof. Luisa Cola, Full Professor and AXA chair of Supramolecular and Biomaterial Chemistry, Institut de Science et d'Ingénierie Supramoléculaires, ISIS, University of Strasbourg. She has published 280 papers and filed 30 patents. She has received several awards including the Chevalier de la Légion d’Honneur appointed by the President of the Republic of France, François Hollande and the International Prize for Chemistry from the Academia dei Lincei (Tartufari Prize) (2014). Lecture: Nanomedicine: dream or reality?”
Book of abstract
Jornades Doctorals 2015
- Wednesday, 27 May 2015: Dr. Thierry Billard, Director of Research CNRS-HDR and President of NMR Centre at the ICBMS- Institute of Chemistry and Biochemistry in Lyon. His Research activities are interdisciplinary between chemistry and medicine.(Thierry Billard lecture.pdf)
- Thursday, 28 May 2015: Dr. Michael Graetzel, Professor at the Ecole Plytechnique de Lausanne, author of over 1000 publications and inventor of more than 50 patents, his work has been cited over 134'000 times (h-index 167) making him one of the 10 most highly cited chemists in the world. (Michel Graetzel lecture.pdf)
- Friday, 29 May 2015: Dr. Samuel Sánchez, Professor at Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems, MIT Technology Review's Innovator award 2014, Princess of Girona Foundation Award 2015 an PhD Student of the UAB, Sensors and Biosensors Group, from 2005 to 2008.
(Samuel Sánchez lecture.pdf)
(Book of Abstracts Jornades Doctorals 2015.pdf)
Jornades Doctorals 2013
- Wednesday, 15 May 2013: Dr. Rafael Luque, Professor at the University of Córdoba. Dr. Luque was awarded with the TR35 Spain from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) through its Spanish Edition (2012). (Rafael_Luque_lecture.pdf)
- Thursday, 16 May 2013: Dr. Daniel R. Talham, Professor at the University of Florida (Inorganic Division). Chair of the Chemistry Department from 2006 to 2012 and Director of Florida Center for Tomorrow´s Materials. (Daniel_R_Talham_lecture.pdf)
- Friday, 17 May 2013: Dr. Ernest Giralt, Professor of Organic Chemistry at the University of Barcelona, and he is also group leader of a Research Group in the Institute for Research in Biomedicine (IRB Barcelona). (Ernest Giralt lecture.pdf)
- Jornades Doctorals 2013 - Videoconferencing Leture, May 15-17, 2013.
"Green Chemistry: The Missing element" by Dr. John C. Warner (one of the fathers of Green Chemistry). Watch the Video Lecture at : http://www.uab.cat/departament/quimica/ (Videoconferencing Lecture Jonh C. Warner)
(Book Jornades Doctorals 2013)
(Photos Jornades Doctorals 2013)
Jornades Doctorals 2012
- Wednesday, 6 June 2012: Prof. Jean-Marie Lehn, Professor at the University of Strasbourg, Chemistry Nobel Laureate in 1987 for "for their development and use of molecules with structure-specific interactions of high selectivity, delivered the lecture entitled:”Perspectives in Chemistry: From Supramolecular Chemistry towards Adaptive Chemistry”.
- Thursday, 7 June 2012: Prof. Benjamin G. Davis, Professor at the University of Oxford, Tetrahedron Young Investigator Award for Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry (2012), delivered the lecture entitled:”Sugar & Proteins”.
- Friday, 8 June 2012: Prof. Javier García Martínez, Professor at the University of Alicante, co-founder Rive Technology Inc. (Nanotechnology spin-off created at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)) and Vice-chair of the World Economic Forum General Assembly Council on Emerging Technologies, delivered the lecture entitled:”Nanotechnology’s next Challenge: Commercialization”
Jornades Doctorals 2011
- 02/06/2011 - B. Guamis (Centre Especial de Recerca Planta de Tecnologia dels Aliments, UAB): “Experiencia del CERPTA-UAB en la creación de empresas de base tecnológica”.
- 02/06/2011 - M. Gómez (Universitat Paul Sabatier, Tolosa, França). “Metallic complexes and nanoparticles as catalysts in ionic liquid: reactivity and immobilization”.
- 01/06/2011 - J. Marquet (Departament de Química i Parc de Recerca, UAB). “Reptes i oportunitats d’un científic en el marc de la Innovació Oberta”.
- 01/06/2011 - A.Torrens (Laboratoris Esteve, SA. Barcelona). “El rol de la química en el descobriment de nous fàrmacs”.
SGIQ de l'Escola de Doctorat Sistema de Garantia Interna de Qualitat
Ajuts, Beques i Convocatòries Obre el cercador i perfila la teva cerca!
CONTACTA AMB NOSALTRES
Departament de Química
Edifici C, Facultat de Ciències
08193 - Cerdanyola del Vallès
TEL: +34 93 581 19 97
FAX: +34 93 581 24 77