BIO-GLS Technology Center
DescriptionThe BIO-GLS Technology Center represent the unification into a single brand of two consolidated research groups, one specialized in liquid handling systems and gaseous effluents (GENOCOV) and another specialized in the treatment of solid waste (GICOM).
The BIO-GLS Center's primary goal is the development of biological treatment processes for the comprehensive management of effluents, considering the cost, energy balance and the impact on the environment.
- Management, treatment and recovery of waste (gaseous emissions, liquid effluents and solid waste)
- Biological processes for the cleaning of waste water
- Control, simulation and optimization of biological treatment processes (solid, liquid or gaseous) waste
- Deodorizing gas emissions.
- Design of Bioreactors for treating emissions.
- Study, analysis and design of the composting process of municipal and industrial organic waste.
- Determinations biodegragabilitat and stability of materials and products to soil and landfill.
- Monitoring and control of waste treatment plants and evaluation of the effectiveness of the treatments and processes using respirometric rate.
Address: School of Engineering (Campus UAB · 08193 Bellaterra)
Telephone: 93 581 33 02