Center Plant of Food Technology (CERTA)
The "Centre Planta de Tecnologia dels Aliments" is a specialist research center at the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, dedicated to the development of food quality and the transfer of technology to food industry enterprises.
Its main field is the application of emerging technologies and processes for the improvement of food safety and nutritional value of the products.
CERTA has a curriculum of more than 130 international publications, the participation in more than 200 R+D contracts with private businesses and more than 30 competitive research projects.
- Quality control and stability of foods.
- Application of new technologies to improve food security and nutritional and organoleptic characteristics.
- Application of traditional technologies for improving the quality and nutritional value of processed foods.
- Development of optical sensors for process control in the food industry.
- Development and assessment of bakery products.
- Treatment for Ultra High Pressure Homogenization (UHPH).
- Treatments sterilization fluid food.