Thursday, May 12 2022
Dia · Setmana
The projects created in this edition of the programme will be presented in front of a jury whose members are experts in evaluating business ideas. The top project will be able to develop a prototype and attend an acceleration course at the Esade Business School. The event will take place at the UAB Parc de Recerca's Eureka building, in the multi-purpose room, and also will be streamed live on the Parc de Recerca's YouTube channel.
To attend, please sign up here.
Place: Eureka building, and also live on the Parc de Recerca YouTube channel
Date: Thursday 12, May2022 - 11:00h
Organiser: Parc de Recerca, UAB
Friday, May 20, 2022
The objective of the session is to help UAB researchers in the fields of social sciences and humanities to improve the focus of their proposals in relation to the impact and innovation part.
During the conference, the specificities of these areas will be analyzed, offering tools and advice to adapt the narrative of these disciplines to the requirements of international calls, especially Horizon Europe.
On the other hand, information on Creative Commons licenses will be offered as an alternative to protect the knowledge generated during the project. Different UAB projects from the fields of social sciences and humanities that have been successful in applying for instruments and calls for innovation and transfer (Innovation Action, ERC Proof of Concept) will be presented.
The languages of the session will be English and Catalan. The registration deadline is May 16.
Date: Friday 20, May2022 - 10:00h
Organiser: International Projects Office
Wednesday, May 25, 2022
The European project PLASTICHEAL, coordinated by the UAB, will conduct a webinar on 25 May to discuss the potential long-term effects of being exposed to micro and nanoplastics (MNPLs).
The activity will focus on the potential long-term effects exposure to MNPLs can have on human health. The event will be held online on Wednesday 25 May, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. CEST. To attend please sign up by filling out this form.
More information can be found here.
Place: Online event
Date: Wednesday 25, May2022 - 11:00h
End date: Wednesday 25, May2022 - 13:30h
Organiser: PLASTICHEAL Project
Monday, May 30, 2022
The Symposium "New trends in advanced lithography and pattern transfer methods" is organised by NFFA-Europe Pilot and will be held virtually on May 30 (13.00 – 17.00) and May 31 (9.00 – 13.00). The main scope of the Symposium is to present and discuss the latest advances in ultra-high resolution lithography and methods of pattern transfer, that include advanced electron and ion beam patterning, methods of self-assembly, dry etching, deposition and other techniques.The deadline for the abstract submissions is extended until January 31, 2022.
Date: Monday 30, May2022 - 13:00h
End date: Tuesday 31, May2022 - 13:00h
Organiser: NFFA EUROPE Pilot
Wednesday, June 8, 2022
The UAB and the FECYT have co-organised the 2022 Reading Day Barcelona. This initiative is an opportunity for applicants of the European Research Council grants to read the proposals that were funded in any of the previous calls. In order to participate, the reader must meet the following conditions:
- Be eligible for the next WP2023 calls.
- Be familiar with the ERC WP2023 call.
- Participate in a single Reading Day and read up to two proposals.
- Be a member of the research staff.
Registration (before May 22)
Place: Casa Convalescència (Carrer Sant Antoni Maria Claret, 171 · Barcelona).
Date: Wednesday 8, June2022 - 09:50h
End date: Wednesday 8, June2022 - 16:00h
Organiser: UAB and FECYT
Monday, June 27, 2022
It will be an encounter with some of the most influential players in the techtransfer worldwide:
- Elena Canetti, Partner at Inveniam Group. Former Vice President of Technology Transfer at Marqera LLC and former VP Research Collaborations at Yissum Research Development Company of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
- Antonio Gomez, Alliance Manager at The Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson. Spain New Ventures Lead and scientific liaison for J&J.
- Bernard Munos, Senior Fellow at FasterCures (Milken Institute), founder at InnoThink Center for Research in Biomedical Innovation and Independent non-executive director at Glenmark Pharmaceuticals.Advisor and board member of several companies
- Henric Rhedin, Director External Research & Exploration Coordination at Volvo Cars AB. Board member at SHT Smart High Tech AB. Former President ASTP-Proton. Founder of the Swedish Network for Innovation and Technology Transfer Support (SNITTS).
Date: Monday 27, June2022 - 12:00h
Organiser: Xartec Salut