If you are teaching staff, we would recommend:
- The infographic about "La universitat en línia, una oportunitat per innovar".
- The compilation of useful tools for teaching.
- If you are new to our teaching online environment, please review first steps with Moodle.
- Tips to record yourself.
- Tools for on-line evaluation.
- Always keep in mind the data protection regulation.
- Comparing and detecting similar works.
- Preventing teleworking risks.
If you are student, we would recommend :
- Tools for working remotely.
- Software for students.
- How to record a video and perform a presentation.
- On-line assessment tools.
- Learning on-line with a positive approach.
First of all, remember you can check Campus Virtual homepage.
If you are teacher, we suggest having a look at the following documentation:
- Infographic about the opportunity to innovate in teachiing (in Catalan): "La universitat en línia, una oportunitat per innovar".
- A set of tools to help you with teaching remotely.
- If you are new to Moodle, review the first steps in Moodle (in Catalan).
Don't forget that you also have a specific link to online help and support .
For students, there is also documentation suited for you. In particular, tools to work remotely.
In the CanalTIC blog,you'll find also a compilation fo tools to work remotely, designed to fit staff (in Catalan or Spanish) and lecturers and researchers needs. There is also a News section, where you can check periodic updates.In particular, you'll find:
- Safety tips and recommendations for working remotely: this section contains safety tips and recommendations for work from home.
- Instruction 8/2020, on the and protection of data in the field of virtual working meetings.
Here are some recommendations to make your work, safety, and accessibility to data you may need for work easier:
- Always keep in mind the recommendations regarding personal data protection.
- Avoid saving data and files on your computer hard drive or USB drive due to the risk of losing the information if the device fails or cannot be retrieved by other devices. It is recommended that you save all files to OneDrive.
- We also recommend that you move all files you regularly work with from the network drives (M:, N:, etc.) to OneDrive, so that you can readily access them when you need them from any device.
- Decide what resources you need to work away from campus that may require a special procedure (for example, using programmes installed in one specific computer or staying within the UAB network). Contact the assistance and service centre (CAS) if you think you will find yourself in one of these situations.
- If you think you will need your digital certificate for telematic processes or to sign documents, you will need to make a copy of it in order to install it into the computer you will be using. If you need to use someone else's digital certificate, you must first contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Whenever possible, please contact support services (Centre d'Assistència i Suport) via e-mail at email@example.com. This will help avoid too many phone calls and optimise available resources.