Students who have been selected by their university of origin for an academic exchange with the UAB in next academic year should fill in the online application form, which can be found at http://sia.uab.cat/ and is operative during the following periods:
For students on exchange visits during the full academic year or the first semester only:
1 March to 15 May
For students on exchange visits in the second semester only:
From 1 October to 15 November
1º. The university should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a list of pre-selected students and details of the courses and exchange periods. The university should bear in mind that the maximum number of students accepted is established in the agreement.
2º. The student must fill in the application at http://sia.uab.cat/
1. First they should obtain a registration number at "Registre Programes Intercanvi IN / Sign in INcoming Students". It is important to keep a note of that number since it will be needed later on.
2. They will generate a password.
3. This information provides access to "Sol·licitud Programes Intercanvi IN / Application form INcoming student" (select the UAB Programme - Programa Propi). It is important the information given at this stage is correct as it will be used for the acceptance letter. Any error produced at this stage could mean that the visa will not be granted.
4. Together with their applications, students must attach a .jpg format photograph so that their university card will be ready to pick up on arrival. The photograph should be as follows:
* 176 pixels wide x 220 pixels high
* Resolution 300ppp
If the photograph does not meet these requirement it will not be possible to issue the card.
3º. Students should fill in the Academic Agreement and have it signed by the home university coordinator. Next it should be sent to the Exchange Office at their host UAB Faculty. All students who undertake an exchange at the Faculty of Medicine are especially required to send their Academic Agreement so that the Faculty can confirm their acceptance.
For information on courses available please visit the faculties and schools.
Remember that a minimum of 50% of the credits to be studied for should be available in the assigned centre. The rest can be selected from all credits available at the UAB, provided that the groups are still open at the moment of the enrolment.
At the time the UAB can confirm the details of each student, their acceptance letter will be issued and the originals will be sent to the university of origin. Students will receive an e-mail with a digitized copy of the letter and an information dossier containing the instructions for preparing for their exchange visit.
APPLICATIONS TO THE EINA SCHOOL OF DESIGN AND ART AND THE MASSANA SCHOOL OF ART AND DESIGN:
All students wishing to spend their exchange visit at Eina School of Design and Art or the Massana School of Art and Design should, in addition to their application to the UAB, send an application to the school to:
Eina, Escola de Disseny i Art
Escola Massana, Centre Municipal d’Art i Disseny
This application, as well as the accompanying documents should be sent directly to the school.
The UAB will not accept students until they have received acceptance from the school.
For more information:
International Relations Area
Monday - Wednesday 9.30 to 1.30. Thursday 9.30 to 12 and 3.30 to 4.30. Friday 9.30 to 1.30
Oficina de la Plaça Cívica
tel. +34 93 586 8499