Master's Degree in Travel Journalism (Spanish, Online)
The course is characterized by being a container of very diverse elements, which aim at generating theoretical and practical knowledge for all those interested in knowing the keys to narrating the unique experiences of travelling.
With its programme, the online master's degree in Travel Journalism wants to strengthen the communicative skills of its students and to link it with the creation of new formulas to talk about travelling. It trains in the skills to generate quality content in multiple media: press, radio, television and internet.
Similarly, the master's degree is intended for the restless, entrepreneurs who want to make travelling - and communicating about travelling - their way of life as well as their passion. Thus, tools are provided to create projects such as specialized travel agencies, audio-visual initiatives, radio programs, multimedia content, online platforms or specialized magazines. From a multidisciplinary perspective always anchored in journalism, the master’s degree deals with different areas of the social sciences essential for the training and development of the travelling communicator.
Objectives- Learn the media landscape and the communicative structure of travel journalism media and content.
- Train up experts in the use of travel journalism techniques: in the press, radio, television and the internet.
- Study the parameters and guidelines for conceiving, designing and implementing scientific and/or academic expeditions, motivational trips, themed tours, etc.
- Promote high-quality and high-impact travel journalism projects.
- Analyse the fundamental principles of culture and heritage management associated with travel journalism.
- Explore trends in the tourist market and communication related to travel.
- Offer basic knowledge of anthropology, ethnology and archaeology that can be applied to the development of travel journalism.
- Study general geo-cultural aspects of the continental regions of the planet.
- Apply techniques of orientation and survival to different natural scenarios.
- Generate travel journalism content in different disciplines in real practice.
- Meet reporters, travellers, adventurers, entrepreneurs, etc. who have made travel their way of life.
Hold a University Degree of at least 180 ECTS or equivalent.
Possibilities and professional opportunities offered by the master's degree in Travel Journalism range from positions linked to the field of tourism to travel communication (in press cabinets, magazines, web platforms or media) and specialized journalism.
The course trains multitasking and multipurpose professionals, capable of working as content editors, text editors, audiovisual producers and/or webmasters in magazines, newspapers, producing agencies, television, radio and multimedia projects linked to communication and travel sectors.
Alternatively, the master's degree is aimed at providing the necessary knowledge so that students can become successful professionals capable of developing a solid career as tour guides, communication and public relations managers and marketing experts in companies in the sector.
To all this must be added the possibility of designing and constituting successful initiatives and projects, such as the creation of companies in the field of travel communication. All this from the contents that make up the academic curriculum of the programme.
Cristofer Fernández Pérez
UAB-specific Master's Degree
Orientation: Academic, Professional
Dates: from 01/02/2018 to 30/11/2018
Departamento de Periodismo y de Ciencias de la Comunicación
Contact the programme manager *Required fields
You will receive a copy of your query by e-mail immediately and we will also include a PDF with all the information about the programme.