Master's Degree in Neonatal and Pediatric Intensive-Care Nursing
IntroductionHealth sciences are undergoing constant evolution. This is made possible by technological advances, continuous training-updates for professionals and their research proclivities, all of which come together to produce the pillars on which on-going progress in health sciences is sustained.
The master's degree in Neonatal and Pediatric Intensive-Care Nursing aims at being a tool with which nursing professionals can continue to broaden the development of their professional skills so as to attain the level of specialisation that ensures the ability to provide a professional response in the ways that society trusts them to.
To help attain these objectives, this master's degree requires the commitment and involvement of nursing professionals from pediatric and neonatal intensive-healthcare units. These are the professionals that, through on-going training and the professional praxis that they develop daily have attained the level of necessary specialisation that allows them to respond to the academic needs of the profession.
Objectives- Draw on up-to-date scientific, pedagogical and technical knowledge to provide high-quality technical and human care, making the best possible use of available resources.
- Care for children who are in a critical state of health, providing maximum stability and comfort so that all their energies can be directed towards fighting the illness.
- Collaborate with colleagues on the diagnosis, treatment and early detection of complications in an illness.
- Use the position of affective privilege and knowledge of the child to help families who are going through an emotional crisis, and enlist their support.
Applicants must hold a Diploma in Nursing.
Those students who have a postgraduate certificate in Neonatal and Pediatric Intensive-Care Nursing will be admitted to the second year of the master's degree.
Nursing professionals who work or wish to work in:
- Pediatric intensive-care units.
- Neonatal intensive-care units.
- Medical emergency services.
- Pediatric emergencies.
Axel Mora Sabanes
Phone: 93 489 4078
UAB-specific Master's Degree
Location: Unitat Docent Vall d'Hebron. Facultat de Medicina, Barcelona
Dates: from 12/09/2017 to 11/09/2018
Catalan (50%), Spanish (50%)
Departamento de EnfermerŪa
Contact the programme manager *Required fields
You will receive a copy of your query by e-mail immediately and we will also include a PDF with all the information about the programme.