Master's Degree in Mediation: Specializing in Family Mediation and in Mediation in the Private Law
IntroductionMediation is an emerging profession in both the public and the private sector. This master's degree qualifies its holders to practise as mediators, having been presented for official recognition under Article 21.d. of Catalan Law 15/2009, of 22 July, on mediation in private law.
In the case of holders of this degree, both official specialisations in the field of mediation will be recognised by the Private Law Mediation Centre of Catalonia, belonging to the Justice Department of the Catalan Government (Generalitat de Catalunya). These specialisations are:
- specialist in family mediation
- specialist in private-law mediation
This Master's degree qualifies its holders to be added to the register of mediators of the Private Law Mediation Centre of Catalonia, as stipulated in Article 3 of Law 15/2009, of 22 July, on mediation in private law.
Objectives- Learn the different types of mediations and the specific interventions required.
- Know and understand the legal framework for the act of mediation.
- Acquire the basic psychosocial knowledge needed to intervene in a mediation.
- Learn how to arrange the administrative process of a mediation.
- Hold a University Degree of a least 180 ECTS or equivalent in any area as established by the law on mediation in the area of private law 15/2009, of july 22
- Family mediator.
- Community mediator in local administration departments.
- School mediator.
- Legal mediator in justice departments.
- Mediator in legal practice offices.
- Academic training in mediation.
Assumpta Sabanés Parramon
UAB-specific Master's Degree
Location: Facultat de Cičncies de la Comunicació, Campus UAB, Bellaterra (Barcelona)
Dates: from 02/10/2018 to 09/07/2019
Facultad de Ciencias de la Educación
Contact the programme manager *Required fields
You will receive a copy of your query by e-mail immediately and we will also include a PDF with all the information about the programme.