Master's Degree in Maternal-fetal Medicine
IntroductionThe development of knowledge of maternal-fetal health, especially in the physio-pathology area, has been so spectacular that in a few years most of its concepts have become obsolete. Thus, updating and analyzing new knowledge is one of the main tasks for specialists in Obstetrics and Gynaecology to be able to deal with and treat complex cases.
This can be done in different ways, but one of the most tested and efficient is by means of a Master programme. A candidate in a Master programme starts the process once he or she has obtained the specialist degree, which implies a basic knowledge of all the specialization.
ObjectivesThe main objective of this Master's degree is to offer specific training which allows for the acquisition of competences necessary for leading the specialist functions involved in maternal-fetal medicine.
- Promote the acquisition of knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary for integrated patient care (mother and fetus).
- Promote a broad view of all the components in the area and interrelationship between the different services which make it up.
- Develop abilities, skills and attitudes which enable competence and development as an expert professional.
- Offer technological advances which broaden the field of perinatology.
- Facilitate the correct development of professional practice within an interdisciplinary team.
- Help students to take decisions autonomously in situations of risk to the life of patients in the maternal-fetal area.
Medical degree (legalized for foreign students), and specialization in Obstetrics and Gynaecology by a recognized institution.
Specialist in maternal-fetal medicine in the different level II and III perinatology care areas.
Glòria Rojas Morón
UAB-specific Master's Degree
Location: Hospital Vall d'Hebron Barcelona
Dates: from 01/02/2017 to 20/12/2018
Departamento de Pediatría, Obstetricia, Ginecología y Medicina Preventiva
Contact the programme manager *Required fields
You will receive a copy of your query by e-mail immediately and we will also include a PDF with all the information about the programme.