Master's Degree in Management of Patients with Severe Chronic Respiratory Disease
IntroductionThis master's degree is aimed at hospital and non-hospital doctors and nurses wishing to acquire the necessary knowledge and skills to attend to patients with severe chronic respiratory disease, who may need respiratory support and the use of specific techniques.
These patients can be effectively treated in or out of hospital provided that their carers are sufficiently well-coordinated, competent and efficient to deal with the technical and logistical complexities involved.
The programme can call on the joint pneumological resources of the clinical teaching units (UD) of the Faculty of Medicine of the UAB at the following four hospitals: Santa Creu i Sant Pau (HSCSP), Vall d'Hebron (HVH), Germans Trias i Pujol (HGTP) and Parc Taulí, as well as on UAB lecturers in the Barcelona Primary Care network. This collaboration between the four teaching units and the Primary Care network is valuable in itself, giving access to clinical resources of great complexity and quality.
ObjectivesThe main aim of this Master's degree is to complement the training of health professionals to make them competent is the management and care of patients with severe chronic respiratory disease - preferably non-hospitalised.
The specific objectives of the Master's degree are to offer students the necessary knowledge to be able to:
- Be self-sufficient in the identification of the essential clinical characteristics and in the use of the basic diagnostic and therapeutic tools used in the management of the most prevalent chronic respiratory diseases.
- Attend to sever chronic patients with special home care respiratory treatments and therapies, preferably with non-invasive ventilation, CPAP treatment and oxygen therapy.
- Lead multidisciplinary clinical management of non-hospitalised patients with severe respiratory diseases within the modern care framework of "chronicity".
- Act as a link or connection between primary and hospital level health care to improve the management of patients with severe chronic respiratory diseases.
This master's degree is aimed primarily to graduates in Medicine and holders of pre-EHEA university diplomas or graduates in nursing or physiotherapy. Applications from graduates in other areas of the biosciences will also be given careful consideration.
The basic documents to be submitted are the following.
- Authenticated academic transcript
- Authenticated degree certificate
- Other certificates for training or related merits.
Working in or managing teams in charge of chronically-ill patients, particularly those with a severe respiratory disease.
Vicente Plaza Moral
UAB-specific Master's Degree
Location: Online. La parte presencial del máster se efectuará en los centros participantes del H. Sta. Creu i St. Pau, Valle de Hebron, Germans Trias i Pujol, Parc Taulí y Atención Primaria de B
Dates: from 09/01/2017 to 01/12/2017
Catalan (50%), Spanish (50%)
Departamento de Medicina
Atenció Primària de Barcelona
ENG/Consorci Hospitalari Parc Taulí
ENG/Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau
ENG/Hospital de la Vall d'Hebrón
ENG/Hospital Germans Trias i Pujol
Contact the programme manager *Required fields
You will receive a copy of your query by e-mail immediately and we will also include a PDF with all the information about the programme.