Master's Degree in Journalism for Literature, Communication and Humanities
IntroductionThe Master's degree in Journalism for Literature, Communication and Humanities is both academic and professionally orientated and offers profound consideration of the essential training in the humanities that students of Journalism and Audiovisual Communication aquire during their bachelor's degrees, and allows that training to converge in the specialisation of Literary Journalism, aimed at students who was to specialise in the knowledge, research and practice of quality literary journalism and its fictitous and factual neighbouring modalities. Our proposal involves the re-design of an existing Master's degree programme in Communication, Journalism and Humanities. The reason for this is to create a more precise profile for both the subject areas covered by the Master's degree and the kind of students that this course is aimed at.
The Master's degree also offers quality postgraduate training to humanities and social science students who want to build bridges between their original training and the problems inherent in the field of communication, while develop aptitudes in each of the proposed specialist areas.
Objectives- Further develop the cultural and humanistic education received by graduates in Journalism and Audiovisual Communication.
- Make new communicators, whether they work in journalism or audiovisuals, aware of the cultural and intellectual nature of their respective professions, of their ideological, epistemological and aesthetic complexity, and of the need to enlighten and enrich them with the help of linguistics, literary studies, rhetoric, anthropology, philosophy of language, and other humanistic, scientific and social disciplines.
- Enable new communicators, working in journalism or audiovisuals, to generate complex informational and narrative products, in written format, that integrate the composition techniques and style of the literary tradition.
- Enable new communicators, working in journalism or audiovisuals, to specialise in the study and practice of high-quality literary journalism and its related formats.
- Enable new communicators, working in journalism or audiovisuals, to link knowledge of the classical narrative traditions to the new procedures and formats specific to digital culture and cyberspace.
- Provide an ideal opportunity for students of the human and social sciences to absorb the culture of literary journalism in its most creative manifestations. .
- Provide an ideal opportunity for students of the human and social sciences to further their education through postgraduate studies of high quality that introduce them to the field of communication studies and help them to develop the communicative skills and technical expertise inherent to the two specialisations offered.
- Degree in Journalism or Audiovisual Communication.
- Graduates in Humanities and Social Science subjects.
- Science graduates may be admitted on the presentation of an adequate CV.
- Practicing journalist specialised in collating complex information for all kinds of information companies: national, regional and local press; audiovisual journalism; general and specialised periodicals (magazines and supplements); new platforms and multimedia channels: conventional paper, digital (web 2.0, social networks, multi-platforms, etc.).
- Creative audiovisual communication in production companies and information companies in the audiovisual sector (also national and local TV and web 2.0): from journalists to scriptwriters, directors, filming assistants, producers, etc.
- Journalists of written and audiovisual material specialised in cultural and literary communication for communication companies.
- Teachers in secondary and higher education specialised in journalism or audiovisual communication.
- Specialists in new online communication methods, able to relate their knowledge of the great classic narratives to new formats and cultural procedures.
UAB-specific Master's Degree
Orientation: Academic, Professional
Location: Facultat de Comunicació, Campus UAB, Bellaterra (Barcelona)
Dates: from 15/09/2018 to 30/01/2020
Catalan (50%), Spanish (50%)
Departamento de Medios, Comunicación y Cultura
Contact the programme manager *Required fields
You will receive a copy of your query by e-mail immediately and we will also include a PDF with all the information about the programme.