Master's Degree in Gynaecological Endoscopy
IntroductionThis is a teaching programme Gynaecological Endoscopy. Currently, most gynaecological interventions can be or can become laparoscopic, meaning a lower mortality rate, a shorter hospital stay and a better aesthetic result.
On the other hand the incorporation of robotic laparoscopy has made it possible to broaden knowledge to include newer and more up to date techniques. In this programme students participate directly in the surgery as assistants (authorised by the Hospital Teaching Committee) and they also do one day of each of the modules of experimental surgery in the hospital laboratories.
ObjectivesThe main objective of this programme is to provide updated knowledge in the field of endoscopic surgery (laparoscopy and robotics) and in the pathology of the pelvic floor through the active participation by students in these procedures allowing student to carry out the techniques individually by the end of the programme.
- Analyse the basic aspects of endoscopy and the level of laparoscopic knowledge of each of the students.
- Study the the functioning mechanisms of the essential tools in endoscopy.
- Understand the basic mechanism of the endometrial cavity using hysteroscopy.
- Study the basic indication of endoscopy in gynaecology.
- Analyse the applicability of endoscopic techniques to pathologies of the pelvic floor.
- Understand the mechanisms of the extension of endometriosis and its specific treatment according to the stage.
- Study the indications and contraindications of endoscopy in gynaecological oncology.
- Carry out experimental endoscopic activities on housed animals.
Degree in Medicine with specialism in Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
- Knowledge of endoscopic and robotic techniques in gynaecology in minimally invasive surgery. The use of this type of surgery represents a clear advance in this specialist area that will result in improved medical attention for patients.
- Students will acquire greater competence in surgical procedures offered to patients with Gynaecological pathologies.
- They will have greater opportunities for working in specialist units and hospitals and also in positions of responsibility in surgical teams having obtained the Master's degree.
Antonio Gil Moreno
UAB-specific Master's Degree
Orientation: Academic, Professional
Location: Casa Convalescència. Hospital Sant Pau. Barcelona
Dates: from 17/09/2018 to 21/06/2019
Catalan (50%), Spanish (50%)
Departamento de Pediatría, de Obstetricia y Ginecología y de Medicina Preventiva y Salud Pública
Contact the programme manager *Required fields
You will receive a copy of your query by e-mail immediately and we will also include a PDF with all the information about the programme.