Master's Degree in Family Law
IntroductionFamily law today in Europe is experimenting a true revolution. While European principles are being drawn up in issues related to family law, several internal ordinances begin to adapt to new family model: single parent families, remarried couples. unmarried heterosexual and homosexual partners, and even other types of relations not strictly of couples, but based more on mutual help and support.
The Spanish legal system, and in particular the Catalan legal system, is pioneering the innovative measures taken to face the new challenges existing in family law. Thus, recent issues studied have been the regulation of stable partnerships between heterosexual and homosexual couples; recognition of a the right to marry for same-sex couples; and the recognition of the same adoption rights.
With the aim of guaranteeing the quality and level of the UAB Master in Family Law, a scientific committee was created and is formed by prestigious specialists in family law, including lawyers, jurists, and university academics. Members of the committee work mainly on selecting the most important contents and proposing the professionals who could best transmit these contents to students, according to their specialisations and professional recognition.
Objectives- Offer professionals working with families a complete training in family law.
- Offer legal professionals training in family law.
- Provide updated information in this field.
- Create a forum for international debate among all participants in the programme in which to discuss current questions and draw conclusions.
- Create a framework for discussion and collaboration in comparative family law .
Degree in Law or equivalent qualification.
- Lawyers specialising in Family Law
- Professionals of the Family Law sector (judge, magistrate, prosecutor, mediator, civil-law notaries, etc.)
Judith Sole Resina
UAB-specific Master's Degree
Dates: from 23/10/2017 to 31/10/2018
Departamento de Derecho Privado
Contact the programme manager *Required fields
You will receive a copy of your query by e-mail immediately and we will also include a PDF with all the information about the programme.