Master's Degree in Experimental Chemistry (April)
IntroductionThis is a completely course focussing entirely on experimentation designed and proposed by the Department of Chemistry of the UAB with the aim of training students to be able to carry out experimental works with autonomy in research or development and to acquire skills in the use of techniques for synthesis, chemical analysis and applied structural determination in different areas of chemistry.
ObjectivesThe achievement of the objectives for this Master's degree should service to prepare students for entry into the professional world of employment in the chemicals sectors. Specifically students acquire skills in:
- Optimisation of protocols related to chemical processes.
- Ability to use the common tools in the chemistry laboratory: techniques of synthesis and analysis including instrumental techniques.
- Development of new methodologiesin the chemistry laboratory.
- Development of skills to work safely with regard to the environment.
- Identification of chemical problems andtheir solution.
- Evaluation and interpretationof results obtained
- Use of primary bibliographical sources in English.
- Management of information and organisationsof work and time.
- Writing a report of work carried out and presenting and defending it.
- Degree with a major in the area of experimental science and technology, pharmacy, or food science and technology.
- These are essential to be admitted by the department to carry out the experimental project and to have a director (academic staff) who is a member of the department.
- Research and Development project development for design and research of new products and materials.
- In production.
- In quality control.
- In product sales.
- In technical consultancy for advanced instrumentation.
- In adaptation to new sustainable methods processes.
Xavier Sala Roman
UAB-specific Master's Degree
Orientation: Research, Professional
Location: Departament de Química, Facultat de Cičncies. Campus UAB, Bellaterra (Barcelona)
Dates: from 01/04/2019 to 31/03/2020
Catalan (90%), Spanish (10%)
Departamento de Química
Contact the programme manager *Required fields
You will receive a copy of your query by e-mail immediately and we will also include a PDF with all the information about the programme.