Master's Degree in Educational Innovation Centre Management
IntroductionInnovation and quality in educational centres require strategies that are all-inclusive and management processes that are validated, participative and democratic. Specialist training is needed in order to be able to intervene effectively in these processes, and especially to lead them.
At the same time, a large number of university graduates, many of whom are working in teaching, need and want this type of training, which often cannot be obtained in bachelor's degree courses.
The Department of Applied Pedagogy of the the Universitat AutÚnoma de Barcelona (UAB) has for some time been offering distance and partial-distance training in management and administration of teaching institutions, focusing on both formal and non-formal education. These initiatives have now been brought together in a single programme, which is open to all, rather than in-service only, in line with the new Catalan Law on Education, which emphasises the need for management training. This tendency is expected to be adopted in other Spanish Autonomous Regions, and it will make management training available in the rest of Spain and even in Latin America.
This training is recognised by the Catalan Ministry of Education as a qualification for managerial positions. (Art. 27.2, Decree 155/2010 of 2 November.)
Objectives- Critically analyse and evaluate the regulatory framework and the administrative and economic directives which regulate the operation of educational institutions.
- Promote personal change in knowledge, competences, attitudes and skills of educational centre directors, related to their needs in their professional practice, the requirements of the immediate context and of the educational system.
- Apply the appropriate techniques and instruments for efficient administrative management of educational institutions.
- Efficiently use the procedures and tools for direction and leadership in educational organisations.
- Design and develop plans and programmes for innovation and improvement in educational centres.
- Produce a personal synthesis of the programme shaping it to the direction and innovation of research projects.
- Promote professional activity according to the normative principles suggested by the attitudes and values of the owners of the educational centres.
Holders of pre-EHEA diplomas or bachelor's degrees, working in either formal or non-formal educational institutions and with experience or interest in management.
Access is also open to holders of the UAB Graduate Diploma in Management of Educational Centres, with the possibility of having up to a maximum of 30 credits officially recognised.
Maria Carme Armengol Asparo
Phone: 93 581 22 65
UAB-specific Master's Degree
Location: Facultad de Ciťncias de la Educaciůn UAB
Dates: from 20/10/2017 to 14/12/2018
Departamento de PedagogŪa Aplicada
Contact the programme manager *Required fields
You will receive a copy of your query by e-mail immediately and we will also include a PDF with all the information about the programme.