Master's Degree in Child and adolescent psychiatry and Child and Adolescent Psychology
IntroductionThe Masters degree in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Child and Adolescent Psychology aims to train medical and psychology professionals in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of psychological problems in children and adolescents and their families.
Child and youth psychiatry is a recognised specialist field in almost all countries of the EEC and includes the existence of chairs and specialisation courses as well as specific healthcare plans. This is due to the evolutive biological characteristic of mental organisation both in terms of adaptation and learning.
Family and social organisation in general around child and adolescent pathologies impresses the need for this specialist area with its well defined and differentiated characteristics.
Objectives- Divulge the theory of the sub-areas of clinical and therapeutic diagnostic evaluation, and of community and forensic child psychiatry.
- Understand and use the terminology of psychopathology and use present-day manuals on diagnosis (diagnostic criteria).
- Learn the principal clinical symptoms of the psychiatric and psychological disorders that affect children and adolescents.
- Perform clinical interviews and diagnostic studies.
- Acquire knowledge of the planning and application of therapeutic strategies.
- Gain practice in the above sub-areas.
- Students receive theoretical and practical training in contact with patients and monitored by tutors.
Degree in Psychology or Medicine.
Clinical practice in the areas of child and adolescent psychiatry and psychology.
UAB-specific Master's Degree
Orientation: Research, Professional
Location: Centre Fòrum (C/ Llull, 410, Barcelona, 08019)
Dates: from 05/10/2016 to 05/07/2018
Catalan (50%), Spanish (50%)
Departamento de Psiquiatría y Medicina Legal
ENG/Col·legi Oficial de Psicòlegs de Catalunya
Contact the programme manager *Required fields
You will receive a copy of your query by e-mail immediately and we will also include a PDF with all the information about the programme.