Master's Degree in Books and Literature for Children and Young People
IntroductionAccess to written culture is essential in today's societies for the cultural development of all citizens. Many institutions dedicate their efforts to achieving this objective, and reading habits are currently promoted by the state and by private associations, in addition to the traditional task of promoting this habit amongst schools and libraries.
Books play a major role in the development of reading habits when children are growing. Familiarity with this type of literature is one of the requirements of professionals working towards the reading education of new generations, from the point of view of producing, liaising, reading promotion, studies and evaluation.
This master has become a standard of international quality thanks to the collaboration of institutions from different countries which have been working in this field for many years. The online format is the most practical way to encourage participation of the most recognised professionals in the field and to provide a common training ground for professionals from all parts of the world.
Objectives- Acquire knowledge of literature for children and young people.
- Relate this type of literature to the literary and cultural education of the upcoming generations and to the ways of accessing the functioning of a literate society.
- Further explore the various facets of production, mediation in school, librarianship, promotion of readership and criticism.
Join the academic and professional community centred on this topic by learning about institutions, studies, experiences, authors etc. that are currently of importance.
- Start out in research in the field of literature for children and young people.
Bachelor's degree or other university qualification (diploma; engineering or architecture qualification)
- Children's books production: editors, writers, illustrators, translators.
- Reading plan promoters and other public and private officers related to children's literature and literature for young people.
- Librarians, teachers and other liaisons between books and children.
- Specialised book sellers.
- Critics and journalists specialised in children's books and literature.
- University professors and researchers in these subjects.
Cristina Correro Iglesias
UAB-specific Master's Degree
Orientation: Research, Professional
Dates: from 10/09/2018 to 27/09/2019
Spanish (89%), English (7%), Catalan (3%)
Departamento de Didáctica de la Lengua y la Literatura, y de las Ciencias Sociales
Banco del Libro de Venezuela
Contact the programme manager *Required fields
You will receive a copy of your query by e-mail immediately and we will also include a PDF with all the information about the programme.