Graduate Diploma in Theory and Practice of Sensory Integration in Occupational Therapy
IntroductionThis graduate diploma in occupational therapy offers professionals the chance to learn more about sensory integration and apply it in their own work.
It also aims to open up new scenarios for action, in response to present and future demand in the employment market.
Objectives- Analyse the different contexts of pediatric occupational therapy: occupational performance, legal and ethical aspects, care network for children and adolescents, interdisciplinary teams and contributions from the different practitioners.
- Relate neurophysiological, motor, sensory-perceptual, cognitive and psychosocial principles to children's learning skills.
- Display knowledge of the different tools for assessing sensory integration, criteria for making choices, and skills for processing and interpreting results in terms of the profile of the child being treated.
- Relate the principal treatment methods based on the theory of sensory integration to the different dysfunctions in children.
- Design, implement and evaluate an intervention on the basis of the theory of sensory integration.
- Display knowledge of scientific evidence on methodological resources suitable for an occupational therapy intervention in early childhood/adolescence.
Bachelor's degree or pre-EHEA university diploma in occupational therapy
- primary healthcare teams: intervention in risk groups in the community (children and adolescents). Health promotion and disease prevention.
- Local Community Health Teams: intervention in ordinary schools, specialist schools, nurseries, etc.
- Healthcare networks, social and health networks, community networks, freelancing, etc.
- Schools (ordinary and special-education)
- Teams providing psycho-pedagogical counselling and care.
- Other organisations in the field of children's and adolescents' welfare: youth clubs, kindergartens, etc.
UAB Graduate Diploma
Location: Escola UniversitÓria d'Infermeria i TerÓpia Ocupacional de Terrassa, C/ de la Riba, 90 (08221) Terrassa
Dates: from 27/10/2016 to 30/09/2017
Catalan (50%), Spanish (50%)
Escuela Universitaria d'Infermeria y Terapia Ocupacional de Terrassa
Contact the programme manager *Required fields
You will receive a copy of your query by e-mail immediately and we will also include a PDF with all the information about the programme.