Graduate Diploma in Surgical Nursing (Vall d'Hebron)
IntroductionThis is the 21th year that we area offering this Masters degree, something which has allowed us to confirm its consolidation in both the Nursing Department and in the Vall d'Hebron teaching hospital, where the clinical practicals take place.
Our aim is to face the challenges of adapting to the challenges of student-centred teaching and advance in the generic and specific competencies to offer expert care to people undergoing surgical procedures. To do this we are able to count on professional experts among our resources for learning and practical training. We also have at our disposal a level III hospital complex dealing with extremely complex pathologies. It is there that we carry out all our surgical specialisations at a high technological, scientific and humanistic level. It is within that framework that the students are able to do practical work that will enable them to acquire expert competence.
ObjectivesThe principal aim of this Graduate Diploma is to provide the specific training needed to take on a lead role in surgical nursing.
Its specific objectives are to do the following.
- Facilitate the acquisition of knowledge, skills and attitudes needed to provide all-round care for the surgical patient.
- Offer a broad vision of all the components of the surgical area and the interrelationship between the different services that make it up.
- Develop skills and attitudes needed to become an expert professional in the surgical area.
- Give information on technological advances arising in the extensive field of surgery.
- Assist students in correctly carrying out their work placement in the interdisciplinary surgical team.
- Help students to take decisions for themselves regarding patients in life-threatening situations in the surgical area.
Degree in nursing.
Surgeryunit nursing in the different areas of level I and II specialized care.
Axel Mora Sabanes
Phone: 93 489 42 24
UAB Graduate Diploma
Location: Unitat Docent Vall d'Hebron. Barcelona
Dates: from 03/10/2017 to 13/07/2018
Catalan (50%), Spanish (50%)
Departamento de EnfermerŪa
Hospital de la Vall d'Hebron
Hospital Josep Trueta
Contact the programme manager *Required fields
You will receive a copy of your query by e-mail immediately and we will also include a PDF with all the information about the programme.