Graduate Diploma in Research and Innovation in the Health Sciences
IntroductionThis graduate diploma is aimed mainly at trainee specialists (residents in medicine, pharmacy, nursing, etc.), and focuses on basic aspects of the scientific method and the methodology of innovation, to complement these trainees' specific specialisation programmes and prepare them for future research work and/or a doctoral thesis. It serves to bridge the gap between bachelor's degree programmes and specialist professional qualifications in healthcare, and the world of research and innovation.
It provides residents in medicine and other health science graduates with training in all aspects of research and innovation, to enable them to design and conduct a research or innovation project and begin a doctoral thesis.
ObjectivesLearn how to design and implement an innovation or research project, from initial idea to publication, taking into account the matter of funding and ethical aspects of biomedical research. This implies acquiring the following knowledge:
- a general vision of the scientific method
- a general vision of methodology in innovation
- familiarity with the methodology of basic research
- data analysis, biostatistics and epidemiology
- applying for funding
- scientific writing and English for science.
Lay the theoretical and practical foundations, in terms of methodology, for writing the doctoral thesis.
Develop professional competences in research and innovation within specialist training.
- Graduates and holders of pre-EHEA university diplomas in Health Sciences.
- Preferably at the residency stage.
- Working at the Maresme Health Consortium (CSdM) or with organisations that have specific teaching, research, innovation or care provision agreements with the CSdM.
- Research team member.
- Research team leader.
- Companies in the field of technological innovation in healthcare.
- This programme is intended to complement specialist training.
UAB Graduate Diploma
Location: Fundació Salut del Consorci Sanitari del Maresme. Hospital de Mataró. Crta. de Cirera s/n 08304 Mataró
Dates: from 14/09/2017 to 28/06/2018
Catalan (80%), English (20%)
Departamento de Cirugía
Organitzador Postgrau Fundació Salut (CSdM)
Consorci Sanitari del Maresme (CSdM)
Contact the programme manager *Required fields
You will receive a copy of your query by e-mail immediately and we will also include a PDF with all the information about the programme.