Graduate Diploma in Psychogeriatrics
IntroductionThe demographic reality of the ageing population is accompanied by an increase in the number of elderly people affected by mental disorders. This situation leads to the need for top quality care as well as research into and knowledge of this broad set of disorders.
The Germanes Hospitalàries del Sagrat Cor de Jesús and the Department of Psychiatry and Legal Medicine of the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, aware of the growing need to train health professionals in the care of elderly patients with mental disorders, have designed this new Master's degree and Graduate Diploma in Psychogeriatrics to respond to this need.
This programme is aimed at improving habits for the clinical management of geriatric patients. It also seeks to stimulate research interest in a field in which competent professionals are in increasing demand in the face of a clinically complex challenge and first hand care of elderly patients with mental disorders.
Objectives- Promote a global and integrated view of psychogeriatrics and its implications, especially in the interdisciplinary working environment.
- Receive theoretical and practical training in the identification, care handling and orientation of resources for a number of disorders resources appear during the ageing process.
- Acquire a scientific foundation which enables research in the field of psychogeriatrics.
- Train professionals in psychogeriatrics with the objective of responding to growing demand for teams dedicated to the integrated care of old people.
Pre-EHEA diploma in Nursing, Social Work or Occupational Therapy
Clinical care work in health centres or installations admitting psychogeriatric patients:
- Old people's homes
- Geriatric hospitals
- Social health centres
- Hospital geriatric units
- General psychiatric units (general hospitals)
- Liaison psychiatry services (general hospitals)
- Psychiatric hospitals: chronic and psychogeriatric units
- Geriatric psychiatry units (general and psychiatric hospitals)
- Mental health centres
- Home care teams (PADES)
- Geriatric day hospitals and Alzheimer's hospitals
- Local surgeries
Manuel Sánchez Pérez
UAB Graduate Diploma
Location: Classes teòriques: Hospital de Sant Rafael. Passeig de la Vall d’Hebron, 107. 08035 Barcelona Classes pràctiques: Hospital Sagrat Cor, Av. Comte de Llobregat, 117; 08760 Martorell (Barcelona) Hospital
Dates: from 27/10/2017 to 30/06/2018
Departamento de Psiquiatría y Medicina Legal
Germanes Hospitalàries Sagrat Cor Martorell
Contact the programme manager *Required fields
You will receive a copy of your query by e-mail immediately and we will also include a PDF with all the information about the programme.