Graduate Diploma in Communication and Humanities
IntroductionThe Diploma in Communication and Humanities (academic and professional in orientation) aims both at completing and providing greater understanding of the indispensable humanistic grounding that students of Journalism and Audiovisual Communication acquire over the course of their respective degrees.
Additionally, the diploma provides quality postgraduate training for students of sciences and social sciences wishing to establish points of contact between their original area of study and the problematic issues inherent in the field of communications.
Objectives- Further develop the cultural and humanistic education received by graduates in Journalism and Audiovisual Communication.
- Make new communicators, whether they work in journalism or audiovisuals, aware of the cultural and intellectual nature of their respective professions, of their ideological, epistemological and aesthetic complexity, and of the need to enlighten and enrich them with the help of linguistics, literary studies, rhetoric, anthropology, philosophy of language, and other humanistic, scientific and social disciplines.
- Enable new communicators, working in journalism or audiovisuals, to generate complex informational and narrative products, in written format, that integrate the composition techniques and style of the literary tradition.
- Enable new communicators, working in journalism or audiovisuals, to specialise in the study and practice of high-quality literary journalism and its related formats.
- Enable new communicators, working in journalism or audiovisuals, to link knowledge of the classical narrative traditions to the new procedures and formats specific to digital culture and cyberspace.
- Provide an ideal opportunity for students of the human and social sciences to absorb the culture of literary journalism in its most creative manifestations. .
- Provide high-quality postgraduate studies for graduates in human sciences and social sciences. In particular, allow these graduates to enrich their knowledge with an understanding of the issues impacting the field of communication, developing the communicative skills and technical expertise specific to each of the two specialisations offered.
- Degree in Journalism or Audiovisual Communication.
- Degree in different social sciences and humanities subjects.
- Creative audiovisual communication work for producers and news companies in the audiovisual sector (including national or local TV and web 2.0): from journalists to script-writers, directors, filming assistants, producers, etc.
- Audiovisual communicators specialising in cultural and literary communication for communication companies within the sector, whether journalistic or in editorial communication bureaux, production companies, etc.
- Secondary-school teaching or university teaching specialising in journalism or audiovisual communication.
- Specialists in new forms of networked communication, capable of linking the knowledge and insight of the great classical narratives with the new formats and procedures of digital culture.
UAB Graduate Diploma
Orientation: Academic, Professional
Location: Facultat de Comunicació, Campus UAB, Bellaterra (Barcelona)
Dates: from 15/09/2018 to 30/01/2019
Catalan (50%), Spanish (50%)
Departamento de Medios, Comunicación y Cultura
Contact the programme manager *Required fields
You will receive a copy of your query by e-mail immediately and we will also include a PDF with all the information about the programme.