Graduate Diploma in Coexistence and Conflict Resolution
IntroductionSome years have passed since conflict management, and mediation in particular, first made their presence felt on academic curriculums and on proposals for continuing education. This professional profile has gradually established itself over time, moving from emerging employment source to real profession for many people.
This programme, the first year of the Master's degree in Conflict Management and Promotion of Coexistence, tries to combine existing knowledge of mediation and conflict management with groundbreaking new intervention methodologies.
The aim is to continue to innovate in conflict management, opening up new areas where it can be applied, increasing professionalism, and adding the valuable element of promotion of coexistence, with content that is applicable to organisations, as well as to towns and cities. Students will be encouraged to reflect on new concepts, but also on new ways of doing things.
Objectives- Train professionals who, following an evaluation of the indicators of conflict, work in a team at the centre of organisations and/or communities to prevent, manage and transform that conflict, planning and supporting the promotion of peaceful living.
- Combine the classic elements of mediation and management while acquiring knowledge of the most innovative methodologies for intervention, encouraging the use of resource networks that can be offered by public powers and private initiatives.
- Review of concepts, promotion of the transformation of our beliefs and, especially, our behaviours.
One of the following profiles is required:
- Graduate in Psychology, Education Studies or Educational Psychology
- Holder of a pre-EHEA university diploma in Primary Teaching, Labour Relations or Social Work
- Graduate in Prevention and Integral Safety and Security
- Graduate in another related subject
Where justified (for example, documentary proof of having professional experience), access may be permitted to non-graduates, in which case the student will receive a certificate.
- Organization and community mediators
- Citizen participation facilitators
- Organization and community conflict managers
- Conflict transformation and human resources managers
- Organization and community conflict prevention experts: city councils, NGO's, foundations, consultants
- Human Resources executives
UAB Graduate Diploma
Location: Escola de Prevenció i Seguretat Integral. Edifici Blanc, Campus UAB, Bellaterra (Cerdanyola del Vallés)
Dates: from 10/11/2017 to 25/05/2018
Escuela de Prevención y Seguridad Integral
Contact the programme manager *Required fields
You will receive a copy of your query by e-mail immediately and we will also include a PDF with all the information about the programme.