Graduate Diploma in Acupuncture and Pain
IntroductionOver several years, the UABs Gimbernat and Tomās Cerdā Schools have been running the courses in Physiotherapy and Acupuncture, and Physiotherapy and Acupuncture : Advanced Course. They have been very well received, but the time is now right to consolidate this into a postgraduate course. The Graduate Diploma in Acupuncture and Pain comprehends the two courses indicated above in order to provide students with a still-more-complete course within this area of specialisation.
This postgraduate course aims at professionally training doctors and physiotherapists in acupuncture techniques (and related techniques) as a tool for the treatment of distinct types of pain.
Acupuncture explains the functioning of the organism from an integrative and global perspective, rather than treating it as analytical or isolated segments.
Pain is one of the most present symptomatologies in our society; increasingly, more and more therapies now use acupuncture and related techniques to treat their patients. Health professionals have found that acupuncture and related techniques provide an ideal working formula for fulfilling their objectives.
ObjectivesAcquire knowledge, skills, techniques and procedures for carrying out professional tasks using acupuncture as a pain-relief tool.
Acquire competence in the different acupuncture techniques which allow doctors and physiotherapists to use them in the different fields and specialist areas related to pain.
- Degree in Medicine; Diploma in Physiotherapy.
- Admission is open to applicants of any nationality with an academic qualification that qualifies them for postgraduate study in their home country.
- This postgraduate course has been particularly designed for doctors and physiotherapists wishing to gain new insights into the treatment of pain, and therefore also to gain new perspectives on their work, using acupuncture and related techniques.
- In recent years, the treatment of pain through acupuncture has become more widespread amongst physiotherapists and doctors because of its effectiveness and the positive results that it obtains.
- The distinct techniques of acupuncture allow treatment for a great number of alterations relating to pain. They are therefore of very considerable use to physiotherapists and doctors within any ambit of specialisation. This course specifically enables its students to apply these to a large number of patients.
- A postgraduate course on Acupuncture and Pain allows professionals to gain knowledge in which the patient is considered holistically
- In using these techniques, many physiotherapists and doctors search for forms of treatment that will allow them to provide a solution to distinct types of pain that often affect their patients, thereby broadening the spectrum of the patients they treat beyond those suffering musculoskeletal alterations.
- This training is of interest for physiotherapists and doctors working in hospitals and also for those who basically work with patients referred through medical-insurance companies or social security, in addition to those in private practice.
- Professionals from distinct ambits of physiotherapy and medicine will find that this therapeutic modality is an essential tool for working with patients of all ages who are in pain.
- Acupuncture can be applied in distinct areas of specialisation, such as physiotherapy and rehabilitation, traumatology, rheumatology, anaesthesiology, neurology, gynaecology, and oncology, among others.
Teresa Xipell i Prunes
UAB Graduate Diploma
Location: E.U. de Fisioterāpia Gimbernat (Sant Cugat del Vallčs)
Dates: from 28/09/2018 to 29/06/2019
Catalan (50%), Spanish (50%)
Escuela Universitaria de Enfermería y Fisioterapia Gimbernat
Contact the programme manager *Required fields
You will receive a copy of your query by e-mail immediately and we will also include a PDF with all the information about the programme.