|"Brexit or the painful divorce between the United Kingdom and the European Union", a talk by Prof. Christian Auer|
This conference will be held next April 19, at 13:00, at the room 111 of Facultat de Lletres.
Professor Emeritus Christian Auer of the University of Strasbourg analyses Brexit in its historical context, with special attention to the following issues.
· Why did David Cameron decide to call the referendum on Brexit?
· The Leave and the Remain camps
· Britain's deep divisions exposed by Brexit
· Divisions in the government and in the Conservative Party
· Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty and Theresa May's letter to Donald Tusk
· The general election of June 8 2017
· The different scenarios: from soft to hard Brexit
· The key negotiation points
|Anar a Notícies|