Official Master's Degree in Communication and Language Disorders
The official master's degree in Communication and Language Disorders is offered jointly by the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona and the Ramon Llull University.The main objective of the course is for students to acquire the knowledge and skills needed to conduct research, evaluations and interventions in the field of communication and language disorders, not only regarding their effects on those suffering from these disorders but also in the educational environments in which they find themselves, always from a professional perspective based on the prior training of the student.
The course will enable students to understand better the origins and consequences of these disorders in a way that, as professionals, they will be able to improve the wellbeing of their patients and will allow them to conduct further research and evaluations.
Needless to say, the attention given to those suffering from communication and language disorders requires an interdisciplinary approach. In this sense, the master's degree offers a wide array of knowledge to recent graduates and professionals from different disciplines interested in the research, evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of disorders regarding speech, voice, nonverbal functions such as swallowing, oral and written language, and other forms of communication in people of all ages. It also provides the skills needed to plan and execute preventive interventions with the aim of reducing the incidences of these disorders and improve communication and language abilities in healthy people.
Career optionsThe master's degree provides students with the skills needed to conduct research, evaluations and interventions in the field of communication and language disorders, not only regarding their effects on those suffering from these disorders but also in the educational environments in which they find themselves, always from a professional perspective based on the prior training of the student. For example, graduates in speech therapy and psychology will be prepared to form part of multidisciplinary groups aiding students with communication disorders, as well as in hospital units working with patients presenting different types of language difficulties. Other specialists taking this master's degree will acquire advanced training in this field of knowledge which will allow them to improve their professional and research activities.
The main professional options for specialists in communication and language disorders include:
• Private Speech Therapist.
• Development Centres for Precocious Children (CDIAP).
• Health institutes of the private sector.
• Mental health rehabilitation services for adults (day centres).
• Special education centres for children and adolescents.
• Resource centres for the hearing impaired, run by the Government of Catalonia (CREDA).
• Centres and workshops for people with disabilities and special needs.
• Social and health centres and elderly care homes.
• Associations focused on communication pathologies.
• Neuropsychological diagnosis and rehabilitation units.
• Social welfare centres for children and adolescents in risk of social exclusion.
• Educational action residential centres (Centres Residencials d'Acció Educativa)
• Psychological first aid centres (Primers Auxilis Psicològics).
• Management and health planning services.
• Research: universities and research centres/institutes.
• Training, teaching and supervising future professionals.
• Direction, administration and/or management tasks: collaboration in tasks within the health system.
Foreign and exchange students
Credits: 60 credits
Beginning of the pre-enrolment period 12/01/2018
See the calendar
€46.11 per credit (EU citizens and non-EU holding a Spanish residence permit). 2017/18 Academic year.
€75 per credit (non-EU citizens who do not hold a Spanish residence permit). 2018/19 Academic year.
Contact us for more information, filling in this form: *Required fields
Once the form has been sent in you will get a confirmation e-mail