Official Master's Degree in Physiotherapy of the Thorax
The EUIF Gimbernat and the UAB have created the master's degree in Physiotherapy of the Thorax due to the fact that advances in physiotherapy techniques and the incorporation of new concepts in all the areas it involves (scientific, behavioural, new technologies, etc.) imply a need for constant renewal of knowledge and skills. It is therefore important for professionals to acquire the appropriate specialist skills in order to fit into multidisciplinary medical teams.
This is made difficult by the lack of specifically regulated training in Physiotherapy of the Thorax in this country, training that is needed in order to come into line with the other European Union countries, where there is a long tradition of cardio-respiratory physiotherapists in medical teams.
This advanced programme in cardio-respiratory physiotherapy aims to provide our healthcare system with physiotherapists who can effectively meet therapy and prevention needs in all areas of healthcare: in both adult care and pediatrics, in hospitals and in primary care, from intensive care to home care, and who are also trained in the methodology of evidence-based clinical practice.
Career optionsCareer options for graduates of this master's degree lie in:
- the healthcare sector: both public and private and in hospitals, primary and specialist care centres, social and health care, home-based care and private practice;
- the social services: care homes for the elderly, day centres, centres for the physically or mentally handicapped, special education schools, associations of cardio-respiratory patients;
- teaching: mainly in university schools of physiotherapy, education in the media, public health programmes, professional associations, and patients' associations;
- research: joining existing interdisciplinary teams;
- possibly, the centres abroad where students carry out their work placements.
On-site classes are organised into twelve seminars over the whole academic year: one or two per month.
- 7 seminars from Thursday to Saturday, 8 a.m. or 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- 3 seminars from Wednesday to Saturday, 8 a.m. or 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- 2 seminars from Monday to Saturday, 8 a.m. or 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Credits: 60 ECTS
Beginning of the pre-enrolment period 05/03/2018
See the calendar
Course ends on 29/06/2019
Contact us for more information, filling in this form: *Required fields
Once the form has been sent in you will get a confirmation e-mail
Master's degree website http://www.eug.es/estudios/master-universitario-en-fisioterapia-del-torax/