Bachelor's Degree in Advertising and Public Relations
The Bachelor's Degree in Advertising and Public Relations aims to train highly qualified professionals with the skills needed to work in agencies, businesses and both public or private institutions and organisations. They will be able to focus on the creativity, design, production, management and administration of accounts, as well as work on media planning and research into consumers, target audiences and markets.
Students receive high quality training thanks to the degree's hands-on approach and the facilities at the Faculty of Communication Studies, which provide students with the tools needed to meet the real demands of this profession. Students can choose from three specialisations: Creative Direction, Strategic Management in Advertising and Strategic Management in Public Relations.
Given that this professional field is in constant transformation , the degree is periodically renewed and redefined with the aim of actively contributing to the assimilation of new forms of communication. To achieve this, the relation between teaching and research is vital. That is why the degree includes five leading research groups: the Business and Institutional Communication Management research group; the Advertising research group; the Laboratory of Instrumental Analysis of Communications; the Migration and Communication Research Group (MIGRACOM) and the Radiophonic Advertising and Communication Research Group (PUBLIRADIO). The last two are accredited by the Government of Catalonia.
The ideal student for this degree should have the following qualities:
- Creativity and imagination.
- Good social and communicative skills.
- Knowledge of other languages.
- Capacity for synthesis, attention and effort.
- A critical and analytical mind.
- Flexibility and fluency.
- Ability to plan tasks over medium and long terms.
- Boldness and avant-garde leanings.
- Capacity for observation.
- Auditory and visual memory.
We recommend students have a good grounding in all language-related subjects, along with the new languages (artistic, audiovisual, etc.).
- Advertising agencies (creativity, accounts, media, production, marketing and design)
- Public relations agencies
- Advertisers (departments of marketing and advertising)
- Media (departments of advertising and public relations)
- Media purchasing centres
- Institutions (departments of communications and advertising)
- Exclusive advertising companies
- Communication and corporate image offices
- Companies involved in promotion, telemarketing, consulting, sponsoring, events, and market research
- Direct marketing and interactive communication agencies
- Video, cinema and post-production companies
- Photography and graphics studios
Coordinator and coordination teamAdvertising and PR Studies Coordinator
Francisco Martín Villodres (email@example.com)
Phone: (34) 93 581 1529
Communications Library and General News Library
Coordinator: Joana Gallego Ayala ( firstname.lastname@example.org)
Phone: (34) 93 581 4476
RTV Laboratories Coordinator and Computer and Multimedia Spaces
Coordinator: Antoni Vidal Carretero (email@example.com)
Phone: (34)93 581 1536
Exchange Programmes Coordinator
Ana Fernández Viso( firstname.lastname@example.org)
Phone: (34)93 581 1795
ECTS methodology implies continuous assessment of all students' work.
Number of credits: 240 ECTS
Duration: 4 years
Period of study: Six-monthly
Part-time or full-time: Full-time dedication. Part-time option available.
Contact us for more information filling in this form: *Required fields
Once the form has been sent in you will get a confirmation e-mail