Bachelor's Degree in English and French Studies
The Bachelor's Degree in English and French Studies offers a solid training in the French and English language, literature and culture. The degree thus offers students the possibility to master two official languages of the European Union. This facilitates entering the workforce in any profession related to languages in any country of the European Union, such as the teaching of English and/or French, cultural mediation and management, etc. Students will also be able to participate in exchange programmes with other European universities through the Erasmus programme, Spanish universities through the Sicue programme and with other universities through the UAB Programme.
Students can also choose to specialise and acquire knowledge in a third language (German, Italian, Galician or Basque), which can help expand their professional horizon, or continue with more specialised courses in linguistics, literature and culture.
The UAB is the only university in Spain to offer combined language study degrees which provide students with advanced skills in two languages and their literature. Therefore, this combined degree represents a step forward in the field of language studies and at the same time the commitment to bring our degrees closer to academic programmes available in universities abroad.
The ideal student for this degree should have the following qualities:
- Good written and oral expression
- Capacity for synthesis and comprehension
- Instrumental fluency in the languages of the degree
- Capacity for interpretation and reasoning
- Interest in language, literature and culture in general
- Capacity to relate linguistic, literary and cultural phenomena
Career options- Teaching and the production of didactic materials in both public and private institutions.
- Translation and interpreting; multilingual institutional communication in companies, publishing houses, libraries and language departments.
- Language technology applications.
- Tourism, public relations and international relations.
- Cultural counselling and management of documentation tasks for publishers, in collaboration with journals and cultural supplements, the coordination and planning of cultural activities for companies, foundations and public institutions.
- Academic research.
Once you have completed your studies, you will have acquired solid training in the English and French languages, literatures and cultures. This will facilitate entering the labour market in any of the sectors related to language or multilingualism in any of the European Union member states, such as language teaching, cultural mediation, access to highly qualified posts in businesses, and sectors related to tourist activities, cultural exchanges, etc.
Coordinator and coordination teamMarta Oller
93 581 27 49
Teaching staff list
EvaluationECTS methodology implies continuous assessment of all students' work.
TimetablesMornings and afternoons
Number of credits: 240 ECTS
Duration: 4 years
Period of study: The degree is organised into semesters
Part-time or full-time: Full-time, option of a slow track
Contact us for more information filling in this form: *Required fields
Once the form has been sent in you will get a confirmation e-mail