Exchange Students Circuit:
WHAT TO DO BEFORE YOUR ARRIVAL AT UAB
- In order to do an exchange at UAB you have to be nominated by your university.
- Then, Register in http://sia.uab.cat/ "Sign in and Application form Incoming students”.
- In June-July (First semester and Annual stays) or in December (Second semester) you will receive an e-mail with information. Then, you will have to send back a Pre-Enrolment Form (document available in this page).
- In July (or December), you will have to check in this page if your proposal has been accepted. Also you will have to check your Enrolment date.
WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU GET HERE
1.- Go to the International Welcome Point (IWP) in order to make oficial your arrival at UAB and to collect your Student card if you uploaded your photo in the Application form. The IWP is located in "Plaça Civica"and it is open from 9.30 until 15.00.
2.- Go to Gestió Acadèmica of the Faculty of Political Sciences and Sociology in the Date and Hour of your Enrolment Appointment (Enrolment appointments can be checked in this website and on the Exchanges office notice board of the Faculty) in order to:
* Enrol in the courses.
* Provide the following documents: copy of your Passport or ID card, copy of your Health Insurance Card and a Photo.
* Hand in the documents that have to be signed (Arrival certificate, Learning agreement, etc...) and pick them up when signed (a week later and with a previous appointment)
IMPORTANT: please we aware that every time that you come to our office (Gestió Acadèmica) you will have to ask for a previous appointment at: http://cita.uab.cat/politiques-sociologia/gestio-academica/ga/index.php (choose "Intercanvis:........")
(In the case of the Enrolment we will give you the date and hour of your appointment)
3.- 2.- Attend an Information Meeting: 16, September 2014 at 13.00, place: "Sala d'Actes.
4.- Go to the Punt d'Informació i Suport Logístic (SLIPI) of the Faculty of Political Sciences and Sociology (open from 8.00 until 21.00) to pick up your Student card (15 days after your arrival at UAB)
WHAT TO DO BEFORE YOU GO BACK
- Hand in the documents that have to be signed at Gestió Acadèmica, at least one week before your departure (Attendance statement…). Remember to make a previous appointment!
- The Transcript of records will be sent to your university once the exams period has finished.
SCHEDULES AND CONTENT OF THE COURSES
Schedules: in our website, go to "Els Estudis" in the Catalan version and choose "Horaris de classe":
Annual courses have 12 ECTS and Semestral courses have 6 ECTS. You can not follow Annual courses if you are doing a semestral stay.
Content of the courses: (this option is available in Catalan, Spanish and English) in our website go to "Els Estudis" (or "Los Estudios" or to "Courses"), select the Degree, select "Study plan" and then choose "Study guides".
Courses in English: you can find a list of our courses in English for 2014-15 at the bottom of this page. NEW!
ENROLMENT FOR THE COURSES
- Enrolment will be the 2nd week of September (First semester and Annual stays) or at the beginning of February (Second semester stays). You will have an Enrolment appointment.
- The only courses that can be enrolled are the courses of the Faculty included and approved in the Pre-Enrolment Form. You can also enrol courses from other Faculties if there are places available.
- Also, students could enrol 50% of courses in other faculties.
1r Semester: 15 until 26 September 2014-15 - No changes will be allowed afther that date!
2nd Semester: Not decided for 2014-15
VERY IMPORTANT: Changes after this dates will not be accepted.
EXTENSION OF STAY: Applications until 1 December 2014. Results will be ready after 15 December 2014.
Courses First Semester: 17 September (15 September, 1st year) to 18 December 2014
Exams First Semester: Not decided for 2014-15
Courses Second Semester: 9 February to 15 May 2015
Exams Second Semester: Not decided for 2014-15